GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Central Locking

Default Central Locking

My previous 520i,91 used to open the locks from the rear trunk, with my current 525i, 94 if i try to do that it won`t work it will only open or close the trunk only,won`t activate the central locking.is it normal or am i missing something here?

Default mine does, might have to re synchronize them?

Quote Originally Posted by jj7
    My previous 520i,91 used to open the locks from the rear trunk, with my current 525i, 94 if i try to do that it won`t work it will only open or close the trunk only,won`t activate the central locking.is it normal or am i missing something here?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Jeff,gooood to have you FOCUSED and sharing valuable thoughts on the forum ....Re-synchronize,is that something i can do or the dealership is the only place to be???should there be a relay,switch, or computer reprograming required to have it done...
    thnx a mil

Default re-sync procedure

Jeff,gooood to have you FOCUSED and sharing valuable thoughts on the forum ....Re-synchronize,is that something i can do or the dealership is the only place to be???should there be a relay,switch, or computer reprograming required to have it done...
    thnx a mil
    To re-sync the locks..insert your key into the passenger door's lock and turn it to the re-sync position (see pic below) ... or whatever direction that double locks the doors...hold the key in that position and listen for each lock actuator to close. (this also happens to be the same procedure to roll up all the windows and sunroof from outside the car) Once all the locks have actuated...go over to the driver's door and unlock the car. Do this at least two times to re-sync the locks. If it doesn't re-sync...out-of-sync-locks are not your problem.
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL

If/when re-synchronizing doesn't work, pull down the truck lid liner and make sure the linkage to the lock actuator is connected. Mine has a habit of coming disconnected.

Paul Shovestul

Quote Originally Posted by Qsilver7
    To re-sync the locks..insert your key into the passenger door's lock and turn it to the re-sync position (see pic below) ... or whatever direction that double locks the doors...hold the key in that position and listen for each lock actuator to close. (this also happens to be the same procedure to roll up all the windows and sunroof from outside the car) Once all the locks have actuated...go over to the driver's door and unlock the car. Do this at least two times to re-sync the locks. If it doesn't re-sync...out-of-sync-locks are not your problem.
    .....Got to keep the loonies on the paath.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellicose Right Winger
    If/when re-synchronizing doesn't work, pull down the truck lid liner and make sure the linkage to the lock actuator is connected. Mine has a habit of coming disconnected.

Paul Shovestul
    Qsilver7, man you put a smile on my face,just did the procedure and worked like charm...Paul the re-sync worked as much as true,but it does the locking for the doors,but when i tried to open it didn`t, is this limited to locking but don`t include opening of the doors?? sorry to bother you but i forgot how it was with my old bimmer

Appreciate it greatly

I think you are saying you can lock doors from truck lock but you can't unlock doors from trunk lock. In US spec cars, you should be able to lock & unlock all doors and the trunk from either of the front door locks or from the trunk lock.

Note that there is a trunk lock position that keeps truck locked all the time. If trunk lock is in this postion, then trunk will not unlock when the doors are unlocked with the front door locks.

Paul Shovestul

Qsilver7, man you put a smile on my face,just did the procedure and worked like charm...Paul the re-sync worked as much as true,but it does the locking for the doors,but when i tried to open it didn`t, is this limited to locking but don`t include opening of the doors?? sorry to bother you but i forgot how it was with my old bimmer

Appreciate it greatly
    .....Got to keep the loonies on the paath.

If trunk lock is in this postion, then trunk will not unlock when the doors are unlocked with the front door locks.
    Paul Shovestul

Man you got me dissy,have you noticed how mind twisting it is , but i got the point and is very appreciated.The locking through the trunk is active, as for unlocking its not working...my car is a japanese imported,do`no much how things work for them,the synchro worked on the spot, i will try though to activate the unlocking too
    thumb`s up
    jj
    Last edited by jj7; 11-02-2004 at 03:10 PM.

Default Trunk lock need to be in vertical position...

[QUOTE=jj7]If trunk lock is in this postion, then trunk will not unlock when the doors are unlocked with the front door locks.
    Paul Shovestul

JJ, Paul means that the trunk lock keyhole must be in the vertical position when you syncronise all of the locks. (see photo)

Also I just checked my cars and on the '89 525i I can lock the trunk and all the doors from the trunk lock but like yours it won't then unlock the doors from the trunk. I'm pretty sure I used to be able to unlock from the trunk. Maybe the trunk lock has something wrong with it - but it's no big deal.

On my '94 540i I can lock and unlock everything from the trunk.
    I think also that when you lock the doors from the trunk, the doors are not "deadlocked", although I could be corrected on this point.

Phil
    Attached Images Attached Images  

[QUOTE=Phil Sanderson]
    If trunk lock is in this postion, then trunk will not unlock when the doors are unlocked with the front door locks.
    Paul Shovestul

JJ, Paul means that the trunk lock keyhole must be in the vertical position when you syncronise all of the locks. (see photo)

Also I just checked my cars and on the '89 525i I can lock the trunk and all the doors from the trunk lock but like yours it won't then unlock the doors from the trunk. I'm pretty sure I used to be able to unlock from the trunk. Maybe the trunk lock has something wrong with it - but it's no big deal.

On my '94 540i I can lock and unlock everything from the trunk.
    I think also that when you lock the doors from the trunk, the doors are not "deadlocked", although I could be corrected on this point.

Phil
    tnx Phil for the follow-up, the position of the key hole was as shown above, i tried to close the window and it actually did close it,they are synchronized to close now,about opening i will check if japan spec can do that or not...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast