GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: rough idle 89 525 after disconecting battery

Default rough idle 89 525 after disconecting battery

disconected battery to work on intrument panel. when i reconn. battery it did not restore to original running condition, it was running fine up till that time, thank for any help, ron 56

sometimes it takes a few miles for the computer to get it's bearings, that said you may have a vacuum leak or something else small that the computer adapted to and now it's showing up that it's been reset
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    sometimes it takes a few miles for the computer to get it's bearings, that said you may have a vacuum leak or something else small that the computer adapted to and now it's showing up that it's been reset
    My 525i was doing that all the time I was not driving it for awhile. I got used to it.
    '85 Euro 635csi Race Turbo, megasquirt, Group A
    '92 525i Touring 5 speed, 3.46 diff, UUC 8.5lb flywheel, soon to be turbo.
    '02 Subaru WRX Wagon with STI springs, bigger sway bars

Quote Originally Posted by ron56
    disconected battery to work on intrument panel. when i reconn. battery it did not restore to original running condition, it was running fine up till that time, thank for any help, ron 56
    my car does the exact same thing.i think the ecu internal memory battery has lost it's juice and therefore cannot remember the previous conditions.it takes 4-5 starts and half a day of driving to resume to it's former state.
    during the first 2/3 years of owning the car it was ok to disconnect/reconnect the battery.did not require the 'learning' process unlike now.

no battery i know of, when it was new there wasn't much to adapt for and the baseline settings were ok, paging mark d wanna weigh in here

Quote Originally Posted by moots
    my car does the exact same thing.i think the ecu internal memory battery has lost it's juice and therefore cannot remember the previous conditions.it takes 4-5 starts and half a day of driving to resume to it's former state.
    during the first 2/3 years of owning the car it was ok to disconnect/reconnect the battery.did not require the 'learning' process unlike now.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it