GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the best e34 color?

Default Whats the best e34 color?

I'm boring beige right now and dreaming of a repaint. Of course I don't wanna paint my m20 525i m5 blue or anything silly, but I'd like to paint it something sexier than tan. As you all know nobody dreams in beige.

So if I were to repaint, what color?

silver's cool, so's black but my favorite is calipsorot (however the hell it's spelled) that dark metallic burgundy, heres mine

all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Calypsorot red. Regal, royal, elegant, brilliant in sunlight and shade, stands out in a crowd. What... you guys disagree?
    Ex-Calypso Red 540i owner

Over the long haul, wouldn't alpine white be best? It reflects ultraviolet and infared colors well, so has less thermal stress. Its pigment seems tougher than silver, red, or brown, which often fade. No clearcoat problems either, in pre-'93 cars. Shows less dirt and crud than dark colors.

Recently, I saw a ~25 year old alpine white Bimmer in a mall parking lot, and its original paint still looked better than any other car around. Maybe not as snazzy as red, but much more durable and maintenance-free, and probably won't offend potential buyers at resale time. Your thoughts?

honestly, my fav is the dark charcoal metallic (sorry i dont know the color)
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

besides showing dirt like a bitch most white chalks bad as a oem color and most of the aftermarket jobs i've seen do it even worse (except the $3000+ kenny allen job my old boss had on his diesel volvo wagon, don't ask, it looked good 10 years later but the clear was starting to bust)

Quote Originally Posted by Dash01
    Over the long haul, wouldn't alpine white be best? It reflects ultraviolet and infared colors well, so has less thermal stress. Its pigment seems tougher than silver, red, or brown, which often fade. No clearcoat problems either, in pre-'93 cars. Shows less dirt and crud than dark colors.

Recently, I saw a ~25 year old alpine white Bimmer in a mall parking lot, and its original paint still looked better than any other car around. Maybe not as snazzy as red, but much more durable and maintenance-free, and probably won't offend potential buyers at resale time. Your thoughts?
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by Dash01

I agree, I think white is the best color for the e34

Default ther can be only one

diamond swartz or however you spell it.....Avus Blue and calypso rot are good.BMW showrooms are always failry subdued compared to the rest of town........white may be the most practical,but it aint the BEST
    Gone but not forgotten

C'mon. It's a well known fact E34's look old unless they're black.

am I th only guy with a blue e34? 91 535i Lazureblue Metallic.... I've only see one other e34 in this color, and that was over in New Orleans.... Well, my votes are split for my color blue, Orient Blue Metallic, Diamonschwarz Metallic (metallic black charcoal... the color of my old euro 745i) and plain old black! I love the Sterling silver of my 750il, but has not held up very well. The car has sat inside for the majority of it's life and now the basecoat has developed 'checking' or hariline cracks. Looks like crap. i guess i'll repaint the 750 once I'm done w/ the 535...
    1991 535i 176k (under serious surgery: repaint, interior swap, manual conversion, etc.)
    1993 750iL 132k

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast