GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Need radio for a Pioneer CDX-M91 changer

Default Need radio for a Pioneer CDX-M91 changer

I would like to get a radio from the Yard to work with a Pioneer CDX-M91 changer.
    My Pioneer KE-83 ZBM head will not work with this I am told. My LCD is bad anyway so I will replace the head. I would like a deck that has the weather band. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by BMW-F1-FAN
    I would like to get a radio from the Yard to work with a Pioneer CDX-M91 changer.
    My Pioneer KE-83 ZBM head will not work with this I am told. My LCD is bad anyway so I will replace the head. I would like a deck that has the weather band. Any suggestions?
    You can find these on eBay all day long. Example: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=38640
    Last edited by all2kool; 10-26-2004 at 11:27 AM.

A CDXM30 and it's cable will plug right in to that head unit, that's what i am running in my 325ism
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

ps the later radio is not plug and play with the 89 90 e34/32 harness
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    ps the later radio is not plug and play with the 89 90 e34/32 harness
    My experience, lengthy as it has been, is that a 1992 525 with a BMW Pioneer Head Unit accepts no changer without an adapter. The CDX-M30 I bought required a BMWPIO/M, as the CDX-M30 I bought had a rectangular plug on it, car has round Male connecter in the trunk. The CDX-M30 was defective and sent back. My next purchase, the CDX-M90, also was not plug-n-play as it requires a BMWPIO, the adapter with two round connections, one female, one male. Although I understand any CDX-M Series Pioneer changer will work, an adapter will likely always be needed. WARNING: Do not order a BMWPIO from Dealtree as the ones they are selling as a BMWPIO have a female connection at both ends!