GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Pulling to the left

Default Pulling to the left

Hay all, hope u r having a nice weekend
    My 94,525i is pulling to the left side, no alignment could fix it, or replacing the tires...have checked the bushings all seems fine.thrust arms seem OK, stabilizer arms were replaced, but the rest of the suspension and steering seems fine too.
    what is observed when the auto is on D,and braking at full stop when i take my foot off the pedal i feel the left wheel is moving backwards or front...not too sure. the pulling is not related to braking, if going straight it pulls if i leave the steering wheel.
    One alignment dude told me to replace the center tie rod(don`t know why), but he measured the rear-left trailing arm where its connected to the wheel assembly and compared it to the rear-right side and told me there is a feww milimeters difference between the two sides thats why the whole car is uneven and its like BENT to the left...
    PS/i replaced the front shocks some time ago, the right side blew up for a reason unkown

sounds like someone put the pitman arm on a notch or 2 off center. You can check this by counting the number of turns from center to full left and full right. If its off one way will turn more. If so all you have to do is pull the arm, reposition and re-align. If it is off center it will cause the power steering to try to constantly correct itself back to center.

hope this makes some sence to you.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    sounds like someone put the pitman arm on a notch or 2 off center. You can check this by counting the number of turns from center to full left and full right. If its off one way will turn more. If so all you have to do is pull the arm, reposition and re-align. If it is off center it will cause the power steering to try to constantly correct itself back to center.

hope this makes some sence to you.
    tnx regal, surely would try that...i forgot to mention it is really heavy steering, my previous 520,91 never had such stiff feeling while turning the steering...
    but, what do you think about the rear trailing arm???i read some threads on this forum and other sources that it might cause some driveability issues like i am finding here...
    i still confirm here, that when you look at the car from front or back, you can tell its un-even and more leaning to the left side of it

Quote Originally Posted by jj7
    tnx regal, surely would try that...i forgot to mention it is really heavy steering, my previous 520,91 never had such stiff feeling while turning the steering...
    but, what do you think about the rear trailing arm???i read some threads on this forum and other sources that it might cause some driveability issues like i am finding here...
    i still confirm here, that when you look at the car from front or back, you can tell its un-even and more leaning to the left side of it
    jeff,just tried the steering testing, both ways left or right it turns one and a half times...no side is more than the other...

Could be the rear arms, i dont have much knowledge on that tho. If somethings whacked that bad it should be pretty easy to spot.

Did you ever change out the steering fluid? Did it look clean?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    Could be the rear arms, i dont have much knowledge on that tho. If somethings whacked that bad it should be pretty easy to spot.

Did you ever change out the steering fluid? Did it look clean?
    hmm,i am sure it is within the specified limit, but if looks clean or the ex-owner replaced it not too sure...but for what is worth i am suspecting this pulling is more to michanical...do you seem to agree...

Default yes, but wondering why its so hard to turn too.

Quote Originally Posted by jj7
    hmm,i am sure it is within the specified limit, but if looks clean or the ex-owner replaced it not too sure...but for what is worth i am suspecting this pulling is more to michanical...do you seem to agree...
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy