GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headlight Protection

Default Headlight Protection

Replacing all four headlights this weekend and would love to protect my investment. Has anyone used these? Not a bad price at BAV but I'm wondering how good they are and if they have any affect on the lighting.

Thay also sell clear urethane adhesive overs as well.

Which ones work better?

Thanks,

Mark

3M makes the material, StonGard has them also, sometimes cheaper. www.stongard.com. If you're handy with a knife you could possibly purchase the material then cut and fit it yourself.

I've had these on since...oh...spring of 2003? or so, they're holding up ok. Not sure how well they work since I've not had a cracked headlight/foglight yet. The fogs have some heavy indentations, so I'm guessing I've had a few close calls. I don't see any cut in the amount of light, though I didn't do a "before and after". Put them on my wife's Volvo, no problems their either (if you think the BMW lenses are $$, the volvo cover is up near 300.00 or so).

Default Yep, they get pricey!

All 4 lights and both foglights was a bit over $400....

Which ones do you have? The covers I showed or the adhesive ones?

I would go for the adhesive film... You can't tell it's there, so you don't get the look of something added-on. Definately needed for the foglights, both of mine have stone holes in them at the moment.

Default Yeah, the covers looked a bit funny.

I order a set from BAV that cover all 4 lights, the parking lights and the foglights. Not bad protection for $50. And if I get hit with a rock large enough to crack a lens, at least it will keep the light sealed so it won't take on water.

Stick on. I didn't see the 3d on the ones you posted earlier...the adhesive stuff is ok. Someone in NZ makes a clear cover that covers the likes (like on E39s), haven't heard anyone review them yet though.

TC535i Guest

I have 2 more sets of StonGard 3m adhesive headlight film for the E34 left. $50+ shipping on the website, $30 to your door from me.

I've sold the other sets to MANY people on the board, they can vouch for myself as well as the product.

If you're interested, email me.

Default Thanks!

My order from BAV shipped today. Hope it arrives Saturday so I can do the whole job at once.

Seems like getting the grilles of is going to be the hardest part of the replacement. Do you know if I'll need to re-adjust the lights after changing them?

If you ordered the film, it adheres to the lenses on out outside. No need to take the grill off unless you're Gordon and wish to clean behind it with a toothbrush.

TC535i Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rickm
    If you ordered the film, it adheres to the lenses on out outside. No need to take the grill off unless you're Gordon and wish to clean behind it with a toothbrush.
    He's changing the headlights themselves as well as installing film over them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast