GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eat Chip - Buy One!!!

Default Eat Chip - Buy One!!!

Hey guys,

Ok, my turn to scream in joy at my experience with the E.A.T. chip.

First of all, I would like to say that the buying experience was great; Mark was polite, helpful, knowledgeable and he also didn't mind helping me install the thing over the phone (I did it in my office because I could not wait to get home).

Which brings me to installation.. talk about an easy mod. The only tool I used was the flat blade/phillips convertible one in the trunk tool kit. Took 10 minutes.

Now.. the important stuff. Talk about a performance difference? I'm running a 1990 e34 535i with automatic transmission, and well, the car has always kept me happy, but this chip gives the car an extra boost that makes the acceleration feel so much more convincing. What a difference in the low rpms, but reaching about 4500 you really get a good kick as all the power comes on tap.

So far I have noticed:
    -faster acceleration
    -better low-end torque - the car doesn't shift as much now, especially up hills.
    -better mileage (yes, it actually went up)
    -far better throttle response
    -cleaner idle

I can't believe I only paid 200 dollars for this!!!

Easily the best money ever spent on the car. I only with I had the sense to do it sooner. Now I can see why there are so many threads raving about this chip..

Cheers, and thanks Mark.
    -inc

'91 e31 850
    '90 e34 535
    '02 CBR F4i stunt/track bike
    '07 gsxr 750 stunt bike

watzap?
    Someone tell me about this EAT chip. does it work with all E34s? all over the world?

Quote Originally Posted by netmgr
    well i bought a chip in the UK and can safely say it was a waste of money.

i took it out and put the original one back in.

However I have read over time all you guys ranting about the eat chip so can only say that the eat chip gets good reviews but then again so did the one i bought in the UK and if anything the car idled worse.

id take some convincing that the original BMW chip doesnt do 99% the best it can with the engine
    saying that i belive the US had more stringent rules regarding engine management and emmisions then the UK so perhaps the chips only get you the same output as a UK chip with no regs...just a thought
    Nor all chips are made alike. Just because Yugos are unreliable, does that make BMW's unreliable also?

I've got many very happy customers in the UK.

Here's an email from someone in Ireland who installed my chip for 95 525's with EWS recently:

Hi Mark.

I installed the chip yesterday, and thought I should add my voice to the
    chorus of "We're Not Worthy!!!!!!!"

After reading all the reviews and forum posts, I was expecting a noticeable
    change in performance.
    I was wrong...
    You should attach a warning sticker to your chips. "If the wind blows the
    wrong way, That silly grin will stay"

My tired old Beemer is tired and old no longer.
    From here on in, I shall proclaim the word of E.A.T to all BMW owners I come
    across.

Thanks a million.

ps. If you ever come over to this side of the pond, give me a shout. I think
    I might owe you a pint of Guinness or 2.

Mark

Default This pecisely mirrors my own experience '89 535i. (NT)

Quote Originally Posted by Incantation
    Hey guys,

Ok, my turn to scream in joy at my experience with the E.A.T. chip.

First of all, I would like to say that the buying experience was great; Mark was polite, helpful, knowledgeable and he also didn't mind helping me install the thing over the phone (I did it in my office because I could not wait to get home).

Which brings me to installation.. talk about an easy mod. The only tool I used was the flat blade/phillips convertible one in the trunk tool kit. Took 10 minutes.

Now.. the important stuff. Talk about a performance difference? I'm running a 1990 e34 535i with automatic transmission, and well, the car has always kept me happy, but this chip gives the car an extra boost that makes the acceleration feel so much more convincing. What a difference in the low rpms, but reaching about 4500 you really get a good kick as all the power comes on tap.

So far I have noticed:
    -faster acceleration
    -better low-end torque - the car doesn't shift as much now, especially up hills.
    -better mileage (yes, it actually went up)
    -far better throttle response
    -cleaner idle

I can't believe I only paid 200 dollars for this!!!

Easily the best money ever spent on the car. I only with I had the sense to do it sooner. Now I can see why there are so many threads raving about this chip..

Cheers, and thanks Mark.

Default I think expectations vary...

Personally, I was (am) delighted with the EAT chip.

Sometimes the raving posts make you expect to get double the horsepower or something. We'd all like to believe that... but there are limits to what a chip can do.

However, if you're the kind of person who knows your torque curve by heart and can feel the difference between a cold day and a hot day, the EAT chip is freakin' awesome.

I would suspect that the UK chip you're talking about was tuned poorly for your particular car or something else was out of whack. Stock setups are programmed to be mild to be more robust to fuel differences and engine wear. If you noticed worse performance with the chip, I would suspect another culprit, as most everyone I've heard from at least had *some* improvement.

PS. Aren't you the one who wanted to buy the cheapest chip you could find on the web, for like $51? For that price, I think you got what you paid for.
    Last edited by Robin-535im; 10-21-2004 at 12:33 PM.
    Robin

72 Chevy K10
    01 E39 M5

Default Maybe his "Beemer" is really a Yugo!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Robin-535im
    Personally, I was (am) delighted with the EAT chip.

Sometimes the raving posts make you expect to get double the horsepower or something. We'd all like to believe that... but there are limits to what a chip can do.

However, if you're the kind of person who knows your torque curve by heart and can feel the difference between a cold day and a hot day, the EAT chip is freakin' awesome.

I would suspect that the UK chip you're talking about was tuned poorly for your particular car or something else was out of whack. Stock setups are programmed to be mild to be more robust to fuel differences and engine wear. If you noticed worse performance with the chip, I would suspect another culprit, as most everyone I've heard from at least had *some* improvement.

PS. Aren't you the one who wanted to buy the cheapest chip you could find on the web, for like $51? For that price, I think you got what you paid for.

Default Hey now...

You kids fight nice or I'll turn this thread around... and don't think for a second that I won't.
    Qball

Default Opinions are only allowed...

... if they are in agreement with the majority. Please conform.

I don't think anybody is arguing you can't have an opinion... just that it's overwhelmingly outnumbered by everyone else's opinion to the contrary. Most people who buy quality chips are satisfied.

On a pleasant note - love the color of your car, it's one of my favorites for E34's. My first was a granit-silber metallic, current one is black.
    Last edited by Robin-535im; 10-21-2004 at 02:31 PM.
    Robin

72 Chevy K10
    01 E39 M5

Ahhhh...I think I found the problem...Netmgr has a narrow grill!

Cheers,
    Duey

1995 540i/6 Sport Pkg w/E.A.T. chip and Nikasil injection Duey's Gallery

Default I think the real problem is that his "beemer" has twice the

number of wheels it should have. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by DueyT
    Ahhhh...I think I found the problem...Netmgr has a narrow grill!

Cheers,
    Duey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast