There's a 89 325i 5speed MT for sale down the street *is in love*. its got 182K miles on it. it looks in great condition for its age, good paint, maybe a ding or two, no scratches, i didn't notice rust. It has brand new tires and a new battery. the interior looked fair to good and was cloth.

The guy wants 1.5k and i was thinking with a little help from this board i could argue him down.

The sticker in the window says the AC 'needs to be recharged and checked for leaks' so.. i assume it doesnt work. the tacometer also doesn't work, it says 'works occasionally.' It says it 'needs a tune up and possibly a sensor' as well as having an oil leak comming from the oil pan gasket. the tune up part is alittle scary.. because its probably idling poorly or driving bad and it could be a lot worse than just a tune up.

what do you guys think? I'd love it to death if i could get it.. but i'm not rolling in money and 1.5k is a lot for me. What should i check for under the hood, and are there any strange sounds that i should run away from if i hear?