GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Road Trip - SoCal to Denver, CO

Default Road Trip - SoCal to Denver, CO

My friend who moved to Russia a couple of years ago is visiting and we are taking a road trip from SoCal to Denver this Thursday.

Is there anything I need to know about the drive or any special prep the e34 needs?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Scott E
    My friend who moved to Russia a couple of years ago is visiting and we are taking a road trip from SoCal to Denver this Thursday.

Is there anything I need to know about the drive or any special prep the e34 needs?

Thanks,
    i'd unlock the OBC and see what voltage the alternator is putting out....or hook up a VOM to it and make sure its healthy before you take it on the road, but i'm anal about anybody's alternator, so YMMV. spare serpentine belt and hose bandage aren't too expensive and might save you a headache.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

you could visit patrick!!
    Gone but not forgotten

Default Take some duct tape,...

buy a radiator hose repair kit (it will also repair fuel lines), gas tank repair kit, and radiator repair kit. All for some pocket change. Cheap insurance for minor problems and a way to bail yourself out to the nearest mechanic. I always carry a small tupper ware box in the trunk with this stuff in it.

http://www.caswellplating.com/permat...pairprods.html

http://doitbest.com/shop/product.asp...750&sku=583391

Scott,
    Keep an eye on the weather, probability of snow on the passes at 85% or better! ;(
    Mike

mikey535im...........1991 535im , Schwarz , H&R/Boge gas ,17" Style 10's , EAT Chipped :eek: Colorful Colorado

That's all excellent advice. On long trips, regardless of vehicle, I carry a set of tools and a container of coolant or water -(years ago a friend of my father's broke down next to a ditch, after he fixed the radiator hose leak he refilled the radiator with something like 300 trips from the canal -using his shoe to fill it -!) You're going to get sick of looking at the 'Basin and Range' geography in Nevada but once you get through that it's a more interesting drive. Be careful of the Utah State Patrol Nazis, they drive all different colored vehicles ranging from vans to suvs to sedans, marked and unmarked, and I've never gotten just a warning.
    The weather for Denver is supposed to be a bit rainy Wednesday and into Thursday but after that AOK. The mountains are getting snow regularly (Loveland Ski Area opened last week, it's on your right as you exit Eisenhower Tunnel) You'll have to come over Vail Pass (12,000') and through the Eisenhower Tunnel -those are the only places in CO you'll have to really be concerned about.
    A great place to hit on your way through are the hotsprings pool in Glenwood Springs (30 miles north of Aspen right on I-70). PM or call me if you want/need any more ideas. My indie is great and BMA regularly ships right to my door should you need it. I'm right in Denver so if you want to hook up for a beer that'd be great:
    303-427-6920.

Default Thanks for the tips everyone

I will be mindful of the weather. I recently replaced my entire cooling system and all the belts so I shouldnt have a problem there. I will bring extra coolant just in case.

Patrick,

I added your number to my cell phone and will be giving you a call. My cell number is 805.901.1896. My friend lives in Littleton so hopefully you are nearby and can join us for a drink.