GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Last nights track results - new flexdisc needed

Default Last nights track results - new flexdisc needed

Hahah, just kidding, but I bet I made a few of you jump

Ok, the last time I was out there, my runs were around 16.3 in the 1/4 mile @85MPH, and that was stock (except for the spare tire weight reduction).

My lowest was a 16.1 @85.5

Since then, I have installed MarkD's EAT chip, switched to Mobil 1 15-50 oil in the engine and 75-90 in the differential.

Best time last night: 15.6@ 89.9MPH!

The very first run I made was 16.00, and I was pissed, because I started to think that the chip didn't really help all that much, but my times consistantly got better through the night, averaging around 15.75. I tried really hard to break the 90MPH trap speed, but some poor soul crashed about 45 mins to closing time and that pretty much ended the night. I wasnt upset though, just glad it wasnt me.

So who did I beat? The time slip attached shows my run against a Subaru WRX. I know, he should have smoked me, I don't know what to tell you. Mabye it was a legacy meant to look like a WRX or something. There was some kid driving it who definitely didn't look like a seasoned racer, but you never know. I was going to ask him what happened in the pits, but he left after that race. Then I hear some punk say "I saw a black civic beat that subaru" Yeah. My car looks alot like a civic. Thanks. My times were also better than a Audi A4 5spd(17.1), Camaro 6cyl, stick (18.1), 02 eclipse auto (19.1), and a Camry Solara auto (16.7)

So during one of the many delays that night, I decide to pop the hood and check the oil. As soon as I do, a million people run over and say "You're running a BMW? Does it have a v12 in it?" Hello people! I've been here for the past 3 hours. Where were you? One of the women looking at it asked what kind of carb I had in it. I gave her a puzzled look.

Sorry Ryan, I wish I could have given you more notice, but I didn't want to say anything until I was sure I was going, which wasn't until yesterday at around 3 in the afternoon. After my next round of modifications I'll be going back (or if it gets really, really cold).

Ok, time for class now. Later all.

93 525i / 01 330Ci / 98 Camry / 91 Volvo 240 / 99 Jeep GC

awesome post!
    what tire's and what pressure's did your run with?

Man thats some good reaction time mann! I'd be redlighting all over the place if I was calling them that close.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

14.9 was my alltime best. that was a drivetrain killing run though
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

Im running Kuhmo tires (couldn't tell you the number on them, I always forget) that are damn near bald.

I ran 38 on the front and 28 on the rear. I planned on putting 28 in on my way to the track and then lowering it for different runs when I got there, but apparently my $.50 tire gauge had broken sometime between now and the last time I used it, (and I wasnt going to just guess), so I was stuck at 28 the whole night. I also could have gone higher on the fronts, but these tires are a bit tired, I didnt want to go pushing my luck.
    93 525i / 01 330Ci / 98 Camry / 91 Volvo 240 / 99 Jeep GC