GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Piss me off...are would-be thieves that stupid?

Default Piss me off...are would-be thieves that stupid?

Grrr.... >:-(

What frickin kind of an idiot would actually try the coat-hangar trick on a car with a immobilizer alarm system?

Piss me off...wouldn't you know that insurance companies now include glass damage due to attempted theft as part of the $500 deductible for comprehensive...

Idiots!

p.s. at least on the bright side, the tint acted like a security film, keeping the shattered glass from flying all around the interior of the Beast. *sigh*

Grrrrr,
    Duey
    Attached Images Attached Images   

1995 540i/6 Sport Pkg w/E.A.T. chip and Nikasil injection Duey's Gallery

Default I think it's Kerrys group trying to get canadians to vote here...

Dude that really sucks, could be worse however. I thought you had a garage Duey?

Watchin the presidential joke? I mean debate?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by DueyT
    Grrr.... >:-(

What frickin kind of an idiot would actually try the coat-hangar trick on a car with a immobilizer alarm system?

Piss me off...wouldn't you know that insurance companies now include glass damage due to attempted theft as part of the $500 deductible for comprehensive...

Idiots!

p.s. at least on the bright side, the tint acted like a security film, keeping the shattered glass from flying all around the interior of the Beast. *sigh*

Grrrrr,
    Duey
    Hi Duey,

sorry to hear about that. They probably didn't want the car, but the sound system. I think that the tinted windows also attracts them as them they figure some young guy owns it and there must be some nice stereo in it also.

Mark

When my window was shot out, it was $245, including installation where they come out to you.

However, I hear the window glass is about $90, and it didn't look that tough when I watched it...
    dave b
    93 525i
    156k +

Sorry Duey, that's really rotten. Where do you live?

I'm watching the presidental debacle. "You can worship whether you want to or not."

"We have an incredible constitution."

This is ridiculous.
    Ex-Calypso Red 540i owner

Default Hhmmmmmm.....

Just try to imagine the little crooks hanging by their toe nails over a bed of flaming crocodiles. Or something like that! It's over and done with so don't get yourself all worked up. Console yourself with the fact that statistically speaking, they have a much much better chance of dying a violent death than you or I. If they're lucky, they'll get caught someday and spend a few years as someone's bitch in State Prison. Those kinda thoughts are almost worth the $500 deductable, huh?!

Brian C.
    (...that's my work-survival thought working again!)
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

Thanks guys...needed the vent.

As it turns out, the glass shop found out that the window regulator rail was giving way and several of the nylon slider bushings had broken and the glass would have started to rub on raw metal in the near future...wouldn't have found that out until some snowstorm, I'm sure!

The owner of the company also likes me (have had three of my cars there for various work) and as opposed to the kid at the front desk, he said he'll do the whole job (including redoing the tins and fixing the regulator bushings) for $200 Cdn.

Still miffed that it's money out of pocket, but could have been worse I suppose...Brian, your images help!

p.s. Jeff, I do have the garage but I've got the Charger in there with several 440 parts scattered all over the place and my power washer, and my welder and my widgets and.....well, you know how it is. Mark, I always take off the front for my radio, it should be pretty obvious that the stereo is a no-go...or so I thouhgt...

p.p.s. I tried to get my neighbour a few houses down from mine to do the K-9 job again...it was great a great deterrant to have the city police's K-9 Blazer sitting in the driveway a few doors down...

p.p.p.s. For my friends South of the 49th...if you though last night was something...you guys should study politics in the Great White North! *LOL*

Cheers all,
    Duey
    Last edited by DueyT; 10-14-2004 at 12:00 PM.

Hey, it's always better they break a window than try to smash out a lock or something.

A good friend had his Mustang run into while parked one day, and then woke up the next with all his stereo gear stolen. Except the gear was only worth about $1200 - the body damage came to $3500. They smashed all his locks out, and tried to use a crowbar or something on the trunk. If they'd just broken a window, it would've been a lot cheaper...

So yeah. Could've been much worse.

Default Duey - Hate to see this on your car

No one deserves this..

You got a beautiful car my friend. Where are you in Ontario?

Thanks W99, I'm in Kingston...irony is my neighbour is Kingston PD -- one of the ERT team lead Sgt.'s Unfortunately, his current, big bad blacked-out Suburban isn't nearly as much of a crime deterrent as his old, marked K-9 Blazer used to be. Part of me suspects that it was some of the schisse-disturbing teens that had previously egged a few garage doors (incl. mine)...grrrr.

I'll have to give the beast a nice wash and wax before I pull out the winter rims...*uhhhg*

Cheers,
    Duey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast