GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: foolish racing

Default foolish racing

so it starts, a good buddy of mine has a esclade out on loan froma good buddy of his, all sorts of supposed upgrades, including cold air intake, and a pro-chip and others. Me and him are out to eat and we are discusing whos vehicle is most likly the faster of the 2, of corse i say it is my bone stock 1989 535i manual, while he insists it is the esclade. i tol him i would own him on the freeway so we decide to take a diffirent ways home. we mess around on one lane roads for a bit till we hit a popular 2 lane road, used commenly for racing and speedd traps. but it was late at night and we figured we would chance it, so we both take off, and right away the low end grunt of the esclade v8 pulls it away slightly, but not to much of corse (im telling the story) soon i am both caught up on him, and passing him, taking my ground. we are both approaching speed of about 100mph, and there is one single car on the road besides us in sight. i let off the gass, feeling i had showed him up. so im crusing at about 85ish in a 45 zone, and that single car coming at me turns out to be the police. the officer immediatly turns around and swoops behind us both, though it takes him a while and i was already at 85, immediatly my friend in the esclade drops to 50 mph. somthing got the best of me though because i punched the gas. knowing full well i couldent afford a ticket, so i had to get away. i was at about 115, catching up with traffic, so i passed a few cars, and dove into a open spot, meanwhile the cop had left the esclade to catch the bigger fish, i dove into a parking lot, turned my lights off, and prayed. turns out the cop pulled someone over right in front of the wharehouse i was hiding it, but it was neither me or my friend, i guess im in my young and stupid stage
    had to share
    my applogies for being stupid

great story! I had a similar, less exciting, story..... gets your heart pumping :-)
    Former: 95-530iM

Current: 99 GMC Seirra 1500

awesome!
    cops suck!

Default Typical!!

Quote Originally Posted by bahnstormer
    awesome!
    cops suck!

i wonder who the poor sucker was...trying to explain it wasnt them illuding the officer...lmao hope they really did get out of it.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

ill tell you who is wasent explaning a ticket, me, that was my main concern

You got lucky. Next time you probably won't, or the person that you pass at 115 MPH.

How would you feel if some kid running from the cops hit your mom/wife/girlfriend/sister/best friend at 115 MPH while they were coming back from the supermarket and paralyzed them?

I've done my share of stupid things in my time as well, and it sounds like you realize now that it was foolish. I just want you to think about the consequences before you do that again...it helps keep me driving more responsibly.

A couple of months back I was going 75kph in a 60 zone, about 30 seconds after it changed from an 80 zone. I saw a cop coming towards me, then checked my rear vision mirror. I saw him pull a u-turn and put his lights on, there were two cars between him and me. Just around the corner was a gas station, so I quickly pulled in, and drove right to the back where I was behind 5-6 other cars, couldn't be seen from the road... Close shave.

I have a similar story with not as good results. Flew past a "SPEED LIMIT IS: .... YOUR SPEED IS" sign, when I realized there was a cop hiding in the bushes watching the sign. So I duck off into a neighborhood and make a few turns and was pretty sure I lost him. Waited about 5 mins, then thought I was good. Only problem was, I was lost. Drove around for about 5 mins trying to find and exit to suburbia, and when I do, he was just pulling by, leaving, (presumably giving up). Turns back around and pulls me over. Never said anything about trying to evade him (then again, he never put his lights on, I hid just as he pulled out). A bunch of friends said that he shouldn't have been able to give me a ticket since it was like 10-15 mins after, but whatever, I deserved it.
    93 525i / 01 330Ci / 98 Camry / 91 Volvo 240 / 99 Jeep GC

ohh turst me, i know, and i have enough sad stories of my own on the topic