GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: M5 racing

Default M5 racing

I have recently acquired a 1992 M5 that won't comply for road use... this is becuase of it being LHD and non compliant for safety regulations in New Zealand. The only answer left is convert it into a race car. Can anyone tell me what breaks under stress in these cars.. where, and what needs to be done to the prone weak spots?

tub it, cage it, drop some serious cubes in it, and have at it.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by saltyboarder
    I have recently acquired a 1992 M5 that won't comply for road use... this is becuase of it being LHD and non compliant for safety regulations in New Zealand. The only answer left is convert it into a race car. Can anyone tell me what breaks under stress in these cars.. where, and what needs to be done to the prone weak spots?
    Hey, good to see another New Zealander on the board... there's a few of us lurking. Where are you in NZ? You could always buy another cooked 5, and swap all the M5 bits over, I've seen running and roadworth 520's for as little as $5000, so one with a ****ed engine would be even less.

That's true - but now I'm getting pretty excited about having a full cage in her, and lowering down to size... and really using her hard on special occasions - the car is going to spend 6 months in Auckland(where I am) and 6 months in Wellington (other partner) each year.