GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pioneer CDX-M30

Default Pioneer CDX-M30

On the back of my Pioneer CDX-M30 6-Disc CD Changer, there is a smaller, round connection next to the M-Bus connection. What is it for?

Quote Originally Posted by all2kool
    On the back of my Pioneer CDX-M30 6-Disc CD Changer, there is a smaller, round connection next to the M-Bus connection. What is it for?
    More importantly, there is no matching cable in the trunk. Is this connection not used?

It's a digital output terminal, used when connecting an optional component -like a radar detector.

Just kidding about the radar detector, the rest is true though.

So, my $50 adapter cable arrives today and I finally complete the Pioneer CDX-M30 install in my 1992 525i. The Head unit is aware that the changer is there, flips through the discs, and then promptly says "Disc Error". Yes, I do have the CD's in label side down. So I take the cover off and watch as it cycles through the CD's. Although it picks from disc 6 to disc 2, it never picks disc 1. I even notice that when it does pick a CD, it only takes it about half-way to the lens. I can grab the tray at that moment and get the CD to move closer to the lens, so I know it is suppose to go farther than it is. Did I get sold a paperweight?
    Last edited by all2kool; 10-13-2004 at 05:22 PM.

Sorry to hear that since it sounds like you're almost there. I haven't had problems with the changer but somebody else here must have so maybe they can tell you what the problem could be. Here is a thread (Roadflea is good for something) that may help you out if you can't fix it yourself:
    http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums...4435006&page=1
    and more specifically:
    http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums...4435533&page=1

go through and physically turn the different gears by hand, especially the one that raises and lowers the disc selector.

watch and see where it seems to be stopping, and lift the component a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by chamilun
    go through and physically turn the different gears by hand, especially the one that raises and lowers the disc selector. Watch and see where it seems to be stopping, and lift the component a bit.
    The changer is rising and lowering OK for disc's 2-6. As I said earlier, it doesn't seem to want to check disc 1. If Disc 1 is chosen on the head unit, it says "No Disc". As for where it is stopping, the tray only comes out about 1/3 of the way before it moves on to the next CD. When inserting the cartridge, I have to push it all the way in - it does not grab it at any point - is that normal?
    As luck would have it, my neighbor has a AC Delco branded CDX-M61 that he gave me. Alas, my $50 adapter won't work for it but those $1 adapters on eBay - that I didn't buy and are no longer avaialable - is now what I need. Someone up there just doesn't want me to have CD tunes in the 525i.......

Quote Originally Posted by all2kool
    The changer is rising and lowering OK for disc's 2-6. As I said earlier, it doesn't seem to want to check disc 1. If Disc 1 is chosen on the head unit, it says "No Disc". As for where it is stopping, the tray only comes out about 1/3 of the way before it moves on to the next CD. When inserting the cartridge, I have to push it all the way in - it does not grab it at any point - is that normal?
    As luck would have it, my neighbor has a AC Delco branded CDX-M61 that he gave me. Alas, my $50 adapter won't work for it but those $1 adapters on eBay - that I didn't buy and are no longer avaialable - is now what I need. Someone up there just doesn't want me to have CD tunes in the 525i.......
    i believe you are saying that the disc is grabbed, pulled in part of the way, then put back???

if so, move the gears by hand a few times and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by chamilun
    i believe you are saying that the disc is grabbed, pulled in part of the way, then put back???

if so, move the gears by hand a few times and see if that helps.
    Yes, the disc is grabbed, moved out of the cartridge partially, then put back. The disc is never brought all the way to the spindle. It does this to disc's 2-6, starting with #6, but does not grab disc 1. Is that normal? On the head unit, if disc 2-6 is chosen, Disc Error is displayed. If disc 1 is chosen, No Disc is displayed. I can see nothing wrong on the inside, but then again, I wouldn't know what to look for. I am able to move gears, and of the ones I can move, they seem fine. If I grab the tray as it is moving, I can get it to go all the way out, with a little help, so I know it isn't binding up. I have tried two cartridges, same result. I can manually make the disk go all the way by turning the gears, they do not meet any resistance. I lubricated most gears with silicone, no change. It still wont take the disc all the way to the spindle.
    Last edited by all2kool; 10-13-2004 at 11:51 PM.

thats what im getting at. this isnt an electronics problem, its a mechanical problem.

you may find that bending/adjusting a few pieces ever so slightly will allow the piece to move smoothly and all the way across.

as you can tell, i recently repaired my own.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast