GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Broke the $40 barrier for a single e34 fillup - OUCH!

Default OT: Broke the $40 barrier for a single e34 fillup - OUCH!

I took the touring for a quick trip to the post office and noticed the tank was on Empty (no warning light yet), so to the gas station (Chevron) I went.

I set the tank filling and went around cleaning some of the windows. When the pump stopped and I looked over, my heart (and wallet) skipped a beat.

19.51 gallons @ 2.069 = $40.37 WTF?

(and this was without trying to 'top off' the tank)

Damn, it seems like only a few weeks ago I was just breaking $30 for a tank.

Granted, it was a pretty empty gas tank, but there's something disturbing about breaking the next $10 barrier so soon...
    -Matt P
    '99 540iT

freezin ass cold WI formerly freezin ass cold MN

YEP, last time I got gas the girl behind the counter said "you must have been really empty." I didn't tell her I stopped at $25 because I couldn't stand to spend anymore than that. 93 octane at more than $2.10/gal adds up fast.
    95 540 six speed, Rondell 58 wheels, nothin else special
    79 911 SC - pea soup green

93 Octane for $2.10. Here in the Republic of Calfornia, 91 octane (all we can get) is now running about $2.60 per gallon. You think the E34 is expensive to fill up, try a Toyota Landcruser that gets 11.5mpg city, and 15mpg highway!!!!

Hmmm, my E34 525i cost 75 ukp last time I filled it here in the UK. I make that about $120 (US).

Ouch

Ian

Ok, Ok... I probably have no right to be complaining, especially since Texas seems to be one of the cheaper places on the globe for gas. But still, it was a shock....
    -Matt P
    '99 540iT

Lol, no offence meant. Just that they are thinking of putting up the price again soon, an increase in Tax is due in November.

Argghhhh
    Ian

This has been the norm for me for about a year. 91 is now up to about $2.35 here. We shouldn't bitch, I met with a work colleague visiting from Germany. They normally pay double what we pay. Imaagine $80+ for a fill up. He said thats why everyone drives diesels over there. I guess diesel is cheaper there. Here it seems about the same price.

Default I am not at all concerned!!!

went to ther gas station the other night,with a discount coupon 6c a litre,so i thought i would get 96 RON.I got 66 litres and it cost me about $83 dollars.At the pump over the other side was an old v8 mercedes sedan,500sel or something like that.He drove off and his price was $98 !We got no worries!!!!!
    Gone but not forgotten

TC535i Guest

I've gone WELL over $50 (USD) before. This is why I bought a 87 octane/30+ mpg daily driver...

what exactly is the size of the gas tank? I have a 93 525i, and I have taken it down to the warning light with the OBC reading 30ish, but I have never gone much further than 16 gallons...

I've I had done 19 gallons at 2.60ish here in LA, that would have been very painful....
    dave b
    93 525i
    156k +

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast