GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reputable BMW mechanic Danbury CT area...

Default Reputable BMW mechanic Danbury CT area...

Looking for a good mechanic anywhere in a 60 mile radius. The local dealer seems to be making a fortune having a monopoly on the millions of owners in this area. He wants $800 for an Inspection II...Yeah OK buddy! I can change my own oil/microfilter/air filter (Thanks to sites like this and Bruno's site) so what else can they do for me?? Spark plugs??? And THEY want to tell me what else is wrong with MY car so they can make MORE money??....like I'm illiterate or something. $92 an hr! Spare me. (Half of those rich 7-series, X5 owners don't know a damn thing about their cars and listen to whatever nonsense the stealer throws at their wallet) I need a brake job/coolant flush, tune up, control arms etc. (which I could probably handle too, but I just don't have the time). Who's good and honest? Someone who will preferably use parts I provide for them. It's a crime to give the dealer money for nothin.

King Of NYC

Auto Technic, New Milford, CT, 860-350-8407

Talked to them before... the do more performance stuff but will do regular work too... very knowledgable... got some nice race cars.... a guy there did an old school weight & balance alignment for me after a local said he could do it after I did some front tned work.

Default Oh ya, Ridgefield BMW ICK.. No BMWCCA Discount...

Only stealer in western CT outside of Greenwich...

Quote Originally Posted by DaCan23
    Auto Technic, New Milford, CT, 860-350-8407

Talked to them before... the do more performance stuff but will do regular work too... very knowledgable... got some nice race cars.... a guy there did an old school weight & balance alignment for me after a local said he could do it after I did some front tned work.

Hey, you're in Danbury! I'm like 15 minutes away in Brewster NY. If I ever have to have it serviced professionally, I'd probably take it to Bimmers Only in Bedford, NY. The number's 914 241 1085 and the owner's name is Graham Lawson.

Custom Turbocharged 1991 535iM - 135k mi.

Actually Allan, I'm even closer; more like 30 sec away from Brewster--I live in your backyard....on the border of New Farifield/Danbury/Brewster. Bedford dosen't seem too far; gotta give em a call! Thanx!

King Of NYC

When I 1st got my car, and I was young and nieve, (I was not enlightened by this forum yet) I replaced a single cartridge, 1 control arm, 1 sway bar link and 1 engine mount for a $2000+ bill through REM. I had some false assurance that the stealer is the only place to take my baby Bimmer. The bill shock only hit me days later. OK, so I got a spankin new 328is loaner (which I was in no hurry to give back) but c'mon! I could have lowered my car with a Sachs kit and thrown on some 17" type 5s for that money! I could have bought all the above parts off Ebay for like $600.Only now do I know that ! REM never again...I just buy my oil filters from them (the only bargain from them for $10!) and other knick nacks (fastners/trim etc.) I see other uninformed owners wasting their money on overpriced wiper blades, headlight bulbs and even saw some dude spending $2000 just on "OEM" tires!! w/o any warranty LOL! Luxury car owners with money are pretty dumb. I should open a dealership! I'm glad I found some do-it-yourselfers/bargain hunter friends on this forum.

King Of NYC

Hey, you should drop by sometime- I work in an office right off rte 22 in Brewster (not the village, but were it meets with 684).

I've been to Graham's shop a few times, he's a good guy. I bought some small stuff on occasion, when I needed it asap and didn't feel like dealing with the dealer in Ridgefield (bunch of *******s there... and one of their salesmen is named "Rock"- nuf said), and he's always been very nice, even though he's obviously not making any money off of an oil filter or some hose clamps.

He had an m6 on the property about a year ago, and an 850i, that were project cars, plus some other interesting ones... worth a visit, in any case.

You work on 22 near 6-84?? Wow, yeah you're close...I'm just up the road off of Milltown Rd! I could drop by sometime defintely. Bimmers Only sounds like a place I have to visit. You say they're "professional"? Does that mean they are a dealer?

King Of NYC

OK...AutoTechnic vs. Bimmers Only...I went through the trouble and miles of driving to visit each shop....Bimmers Only seems more famous though once I got to the crammed archaic shop I wasn't too impressed. The guys there seemed cool and knowledgable but everything seemed pretty average to me. $90/hr kinda turned me off. AutoTechnics (45 min in the opposite direction....man these places are all far enough) was a different story. I can't believe I didn't know these guys existed. After nightmares with the Stealer I was in BMW heaven! The salesman seemed much more friendly and knowledgable. The shop looks cleaner, and well-equipped, the cars in the lot look like enthusiast's cars and they even sell cars. Looks like they'll do mods of any type and install parts even I provide...$70/hr...OK found my new mechanic! They are so professional, they even have their own website. If you guys live in the Western CT area, definitely look them up...http://www.autotechnic.net/ I am very impressed!

King Of NYC

For experience, I don't think you can beat Graham at Bimmers Only, especially for an "older" car like the e34. Maybe I'm weird, but I'd trust a real BMW mechanic over a user car dealer. Hell, i'd trust Ollie North over a used car dealer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast