GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: please let me introduce myself.my name is....

Default please let me introduce myself.my name is....

.....Crusty nz.Actually it's Greg Christensen.I've come from the E34 board.I've just sold the E34 after owning it for 4+ years.It was the best car I'd ever owned but just not big enough for our growing family.(4. yr olds feet starting to hit back of drivers seat etc).So I've just bought a 1990 E32 735iL which will live under a cover and will only be used for out of town journeys'(we're two hrs from nearest big town/city.)Beside it is a Mazda Astina which can be my wife's daily driver.Cheers,Greg.P.S Shogun,I downloaded that ownersmanual you posted,but now I cant find it,where should I look/.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusty nz
    .....Crusty nz.Actually it's Greg Christensen.I've come from the E34 board.I've just sold the E34 after owning it for 4+ years.It was the best car I'd ever owned but just not big enough for our growing family.(4. yr olds feet starting to hit back of drivers seat etc).So I've just bought a 1990 E32 735iL which will live under a cover and will only be used for out of town journeys'(we're two hrs from nearest big town/city.)Beside it is a Mazda Astina which can be my wife's daily driver.Cheers,Greg.P.S Shogun,I downloaded that ownersmanual you posted,but now I cant find it,where should I look/.
    Hi Greg,
    it is on my page, but you can also download it from this page (under documentation)
    http://ow.no/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=2
    or from Johan's page
    http://shrubbery.student.utwente.nl/
    Also have a look on the miscellaneous links on Johan's page. As on my page there are the most important E32 repair links listed. That will help you to solve a lot of Kiwi $$$$
    link to my page, some new items are there, as I just did replace the headliner. Looks good again.
    http://tridem.han-solo.net/auto/erich/auto.htm

Thanks for that.I took delivery of the 7 yesterday.Drove it home(200 miles).What a pleasure to drive.Effortless.I'd had preconcieved ideas about what I was going to do to try and make it handle as tight as the 5 but now I dont think I'll bother.Although I'd still like to lower the suspension slightly(cant come to grips with the front wheel arch)and the rear shocks are leaking(tends to bounce a bit on large bumps)so they will have to be replaced.But all-in-all I'm not dissapointed with the change.Very happy in fact.And what about the space!Cheers

LAD rear suspensions are very expensive, it will cost you a fortune, especially in NZ.
    There are ways to repair them (the shocks), on my page go to the site of Johan & Sean and there is a info from someone in South Africa, who did it.
    Also try to contact Max Fretter in Nz, he is a real expert on the E32. If he cannot help you to repair, then there is probably no way.
    Link to Max's homepage

Is it possible to just remove the lad and replace with std boge struts/springs?

Default It is possible

but it also depends on the regulations in NZ. For example in Germany a 750iL without LAD would need auto levelling dip lights, cause the rear goes down when you have a lot of weight in thr trunk.
    Go to
    http://www.bavauto.com
    there is a self leveling elimination kit for US $ 170,- available. Go to suspension, then rear suspension and then shocks after you selected year and model 750iL. Or do a search for SLELIM-KIT-E32 on their page. It is described in detail under more details there.
    I would stay with LAD, even if it costs a bit more to replace the shocks now.

Default Chrusty, if the pressure accumulators are bad it will be

quite bouncy in the rear, and as far as leakage goes all the lad cars seep a little and have a slight film of oil on them... normal.. The pressure accumulators are about 90 each here and they makes it ride nice and smooth again..

QUOTE=Crusty nz]Thanks for that.I took delivery of the 7 yesterday.Drove it home(200 miles).What a pleasure to drive.Effortless.I'd had preconcieved ideas about what I was going to do to try and make it handle as tight as the 5 but now I dont think I'll bother.Although I'd still like to lower the suspension slightly(cant come to grips with the front wheel arch)and the rear shocks are leaking(tends to bounce a bit on large bumps)so they will have to be replaced.But all-in-all I'm not dissapointed with the change.Very happy in fact.And what about the space!Cheers[/QUOTE]