GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: WTB: Stock M50 exhaust manifolds... PS Mark. D!

Default WTB: Stock M50 exhaust manifolds... PS Mark. D!

Anyone who can supply a lead for stock M50 exhaust manifolds i would greatly appreciate it...

Mark, if I had a biturbo setup running on like 5 - 7 psi could you make me a chip??

I've got a set of E34/M50 stock exhaust manifolds, make me an offer!

Thanks, Bret

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    Anyone who can supply a lead for stock M50 exhaust manifolds i would greatly appreciate it...

Mark, if I had a biturbo setup running on like 5 - 7 psi could you make me a chip??

I think I could do it. It's easier if I had the car ut it is possible remotely also.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Rigmaster
    I've got a set of E34/M50 stock exhaust manifolds, make me an offer!

Thanks, Bret
    Rigmaster, I am working on a low low budget... i was going to go to a U-Pull-It... $50 - $75

Jon, go to U-Pull-it.

Cheap bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyn
    Jon, go to U-Pull-it.

Cheap bastard.

TheDogger in So Cal is working on something for me as far as the headers go...

Hey Jon, if you can do $75 + ~$10 shipping, we have a deal. Let me know.

Thanks, Bret.

Why would you want 2 turbos for a 2.5l engine? Seems kind of pointless. According to Bell's book, the benefits just aren't tangable. You'd be better off with 1 properly sized t3 than 2 little t25s, especially if you're on a budget.

For the manifold, I would try and find a used AA one, or make an adapter for your manifold (Pro Turbo in Finland sells one, that mounts the turbo up front and top, but it's expensive, and they're in Finland!). The outlets of the m50 manifold are close together, so you'd probably have to make an adapter anyway. Cartech (Bell) makes them, but they're 700$ each.

I also doubt that anyone could make you a properly tuned chip for that car, without getting it on a dyno. Mark might be able to pull the timing back, allowing you to use other methods for fuel enrichment, but that's it. A good solution for you is to contact Jack Friedman at Unichip (jack@unichip.us) and find a dealer/installer near you. Or maybe try and contact AA, and buy the chip they use in their m50 obdI kits, while using a fuel regulator for fine tuning, assuming any differences.

Any way you go here, I don't think the m50 is a very good candidate for budget turbocharging (by budget, I mean under 3k$ total), unless you could get it tuned properly for under 1k$.

Custom Turbocharged 1991 535iM - 135k mi.

Quote Originally Posted by AllanS
    Why would you want 2 turbos for a 2.5l engine? Seems kind of pointless. According to Bell's book, the benefits just aren't tangable. You'd be better off with 1 properly sized t3 than 2 little t25s, especially if you're on a budget.

For the manifold, I would try and find a used AA one, or make an adapter for your manifold (Pro Turbo in Finland sells one, that mounts the turbo up front and top, but it's expensive, and they're in Finland!). The outlets of the m50 manifold are close together, so you'd probably have to make an adapter anyway. Cartech (Bell) makes them, but they're 700$ each.

I also doubt that anyone could make you a properly tuned chip for that car, without getting it on a dyno. Mark might be able to pull the timing back, allowing you to use other methods for fuel enrichment, but that's it. A good solution for you is to contact Jack Friedman at Unichip (jack@unichip.us) and find a dealer/installer near you. Or maybe try and contact AA, and buy the chip they use in their m50 obdI kits, while using a fuel regulator for fine tuning, assuming any differences.

Any way you go here, I don't think the m50 is a very good candidate for budget turbocharging (by budget, I mean under 3k$ total), unless you could get it tuned properly for under 1k$.
    The OBDI cars are easy to tune when compared to OBDII. This M50 is non-vanos so the timing is not that hard to mess with. I have a friend running a 325i M50 (non vanos) with upgraded injectors, FPR, and a Conforti chip. It's not that big a deal. The hardest part is the hardware, mainly the exhaust.

Do you know how to weld? you can make a simple log manifold pretty inexpensively (maybe even more so than modifying your stock iron headers), if you're crafty. Mild steel weld els (weldable elbows, butt weld elbows, etc.) are cheap and easy to work with. The flange would be the hardest part, but if you buy a length of 3/8" steel you could fabricate it. I started doing this about a year ago, but ended up selling the car. I still have a spare (cracked) m50 non vanos head in the garage- you could have it for the price of shipping if you need it.

I also have stainless t4 turbine inlet and exhaust flanges, and a set of wastegate flanges- I bought a complete manifold and downpipe from TCT so I no longer have plans of making my own. You'd probably want to use a t3 though, so it wouldn't be much use.

Oh, and, why would your friend run a turbo on a chipped computer? Aftermarket performance chips are the opposite of what you'd want if you have a blower!

Allan

Custom Turbocharged 1991 535iM - 135k mi.