GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lowering 90 535 5 speed

Default Lowering 90 535 5 speed

I am looking into lowering my 535. What suggestions and tips do you have for this project? The car is a daily driver. It may see some occasional track time at the novice school. Any one have nay pictures?

Default I have a lowered '90 535iM

from what the people on the board say, the sachs kit is best if you want the smooth ride w/ better handling. i have H&R springs and bisltein sports. its is signicicantly stiffer than stock. very comfortable on good roads, less so on the rough stuff. i use mine as a daily driver and sometimes its gets flogged. its also on 17" wheels, the stock 15" will be more comfortable. if the roads where you live are pretty crappy its something to take into account. you just need to figure out where you stand on the ride vs. handling trade off.

Eibach or H & R springs are good for what your looking for. If you go with the Bilstein sport shocks it will be a bit firmer than stock. Sachs kit is pretty expensive compared to the other options here. If money is no object I would also recomment the Sachs kit.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I had the same dilemma as you. I did not want to compromise the ride but I wanted it to handle so I did the Sachs kit( from BMA) M-tech Sways( from Pacific BMW) and new lemforder control arms w/ 750i bushings and new dog bones....took me about 4 1/2 hours.

http://www.labusas.org/photopost/dat...4-med.jpg?3220
    Last edited by califblue; 10-04-2004 at 06:39 PM.

Ted K,
    I have eibachs with bilstein sport shocks on 18" rims. I am happy with the results. however when drivnig over poor roads my rear feels the extra pressure

HTH,

Phil V

Default thats what she said

Quote Originally Posted by Crewblunts
    Ted K,
    I have eibachs with bilstein sport shocks on 18" rims. I am happy with the results. however when drivnig over poor roads my rear feels the extra pressure

HTH,

Phil V
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

i got bilstein sports with h&r springs. racing dynamics sways on the way too. car looks hot. have driven it 5 miles since i bought it, brother has driven 2000 though. seems to be enjoying it !

Quote Originally Posted by mikedev10
    i got bilstein sports with h&r springs. racing dynamics sways on the way too. car looks hot. have driven it 5 miles since i bought it, brother has driven 2000 though. seems to be enjoying it !
    Did you get the shocks and springs from Turner? Do you have any pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason
    from what the people on the board say, the sachs kit is best if you want the smooth ride w/ better handling. i have H&R springs and bisltein sports. its is signicicantly stiffer than stock. very comfortable on good roads, less so on the rough stuff. i use mine as a daily driver and sometimes its gets flogged. its also on 17" wheels, the stock 15" will be more comfortable. if the roads where you live are pretty crappy its something to take into account. you just need to figure out where you stand on the ride vs. handling trade off.
    I am running on 225-50-16. I do drive 100 miles a day. I want both. On a scale of 1-10, one being stock and 10 being Harsh, how would you rate your ride. I had this set up on my E30 and I liked it.

The tires I am running right now are 225/50-16 Bridgestone Potenza RE940 on the front and rear.

The stock ride I get seems very soft. On a 1-10 scale one soft stock ride 10 harsh where would your ride be?

How much drop did you get out of this?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast