GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: 90 535i help

Default 90 535i help

Ok i have finally gotten off my ass and finished my HG problem.. AFTER breaking a bolt in the thermostat housing.. i bought a new housing and re-installed.. well after 20 minutes.. car up to temp.. the thermo still hasnt opened.. i am doubting myself.. so i need to know the direction of the thermostat.. O-ring in or out.. as in O-ring towards the engine or towards the radiator.. i had it towards the radiator.. well while checking the direction.. i cracked the housing... so ****.. now another new part.. this is the thermo housing with the lower radiator hose ... i think i had the thermo right.. but i just want to make sure..... Thanks

o-ring on radiator side and spring of thermostat on engine side, drill a 1/8" hole in the thermostat and place in the 12:00 position to make bleeding easy

Quote Originally Posted by kiNGMak
    Ok i have finally gotten off my ass and finished my HG problem.. AFTER breaking a bolt in the thermostat housing.. i bought a new housing and re-installed.. well after 20 minutes.. car up to temp.. the thermo still hasnt opened.. i am doubting myself.. so i need to know the direction of the thermostat.. O-ring in or out.. as in O-ring towards the engine or towards the radiator.. i had it towards the radiator.. well while checking the direction.. i cracked the housing... so ****.. now another new part.. this is the thermo housing with the lower radiator hose ... i think i had the thermo right.. but i just want to make sure..... Thanks
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

I have the same car (m30) and the thermostat goes arrow up (duh) and the spring into the engine while the "pyramid" shaped side goes towards the front. hope that helps.

-Phil V

thats what i thought.. just want to make sure.. dont want to break anything else thanks guys