GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: what do you prefer? used head or new, but...

Default what do you prefer? used head or new, but...

I tried fixing my head but it was useless because it cracked again in the same cam but near the other valve (just in front). So i have no choice, i would have to replace it. I have two options, one is a used head M20 that sure has more than 100k (dont know the price yet) and the other is a new head, but it isnt from the bmw dealers.., i dont know how to explain it i think you call them "aftermarket", its not officialy bmw. The price is $2600 pesos that would be 860 dollars.
    In my opinion my best option is the used one, i think this because of the price of the new one. One original from bmw dealers would cost 2500 dollars that would be 7500 pesos!!!
    ahh "ocamp", i completely understand you situation!!! i am living this since 2003
    Any opinion would be appreciated
    Last edited by PABLO; 10-03-2004 at 07:03 PM.

go with the used one, have it checked for cracks at a reputable machinists and have that as part of a refund policy if the head is shot. If it came off a decent vehicle it should be ready to bolt on but always be bewhere of cracks.

100k is nothing for these engines unless overheating or no oil changes reared their heads. 100k is just broke in and I read of people dis assembling the heads and no measurable wear was indicated on anything. Think positive but watch out for the simple (cracks)
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

thank you very much, i will do what you say. I think its a very reasonable choice.