GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Anyone have a wiring diagram

Default Anyone have a wiring diagram

for a '90 525 radio. There's one in Bentley's, but I want to know what wire mates to what wire in an aftermarket radio. I'm putting in an Alpine. The '90 model is the only one that doesn't have a harness adapter available.

I know it can be done as I had it hooked up before. However, my son took it all apart and didn't write down what went where. The '90 has a real screwey wiring set-up. I figured most of it out, but I'm not sure on the power.

erased due to slander

Thanks Martin. What has me stumped is, the dimmer memory connection in the pic. There is a red/wht wire that goes thru the connector (shown in the pic) and comes out yellow and a blk/wht wire that comes out of the same connector as white. Those two wires (yel & wht) are the dimmer/memory connection that go into the radio. I connected them BOTH up to the only remaining wire from the radio, the yellow battery wire. Problem was, the dash/interior lights come on, even without the key on.

I'm thinking the red/wht that becomes white, should be hooked up to the yellow (battery) wire fom the radio. But what about the Blk/wht that becomes white?

The other thing I'm trying to remember is how I hooked up the speakers. On a '90 model, each speaker lead connects to the radio with ONE wire! I think I remember having BOTH + & - pairings for their respective speakers, (from the radio) connected to the single correcponding speaker wire from the car.

Got that sorted out, thanks to Bruno and Martin. You don't need to connect the - wires.