GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alarm help.

Default Alarm help.

I recently decided that I was tired of unlocking my door w/ the key. I read the forum and found that I do have the factory alarm prewired on my 92 535im. I have a red led on the rear of my center console. I checked under my rear seat and saw the alarm mentioned in other posts. I believe all i need is the remote.

I noticed there are two bmw remote look exactly the same but diff part number can i use either on mine or get the alpine which is cheaper.
    bmw part number
    82-11-1-467-015
    or
    88 88 1 600 292

or alpine remote
    fcc # is A269ZUA071

other major question is I dont think my alarm is connected. I see an antenna and another small black cable but no harness connected and a open white connector on one side see the pic.

The module has something connected to the ant and input ports on the bottom.

The top has a open female connecter I think labeled Main connector.

Do i need to get one or is it the small male white connecter that is in the picture. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by InfernoM3; 10-01-2004 at 09:17 PM.

I am seeking the same knowledge as you. Go to Bavarianautosport , complete the year and model, and you will see that it dsplays the 82-11-1-467-015 p/n for your model, as it does for mine.

I am not sure what the 88-88-1-600-292 is for. My dealer quoted me the first p/n as well.

1995 525iA 200,000 Miles

Default More help. alarm goes off

Ok I ordered my a used remote from ebay today BMW part. 82-11-1-467-015

I spent a little more time today looking under my seat and connected the white male connecter to the empty white femail connecter on the alarm module. I guess this is the harness maybe??? I connected it momentarily since when I do connect it my car starts alarming. So how do I connect it and keep it connected w/out the car alarming. maybe i'll have to wait tilll I get the remote??? any ideas would help.

Default bump

bump

Default really need help

Hi everyone,

I just recieved my alarm remote I got off ebay today. I want to get my alarm hooked up this weekend. I have directions how to reprogram remote. hopefully that will be ok but I can't figure out how to connect my alarm module. Everthing seems to be connected when I found it under the rear seat. The only thng and most important is the main connecter harness. I believe I just connect the white male plug in the picture to the module input and that should be fine. Problem is when I connect it the car horn keeps going off. And I think I need to have the harness connected before I can reprogram remote. i don't think it will be a good idea to try and reprogram w/the alarm sounding. Anyone know how I fix this.

Default really need some help

need help. I tried again to install the alarm this time I figured out how that the horn only beeps when i connect the harness to the alarm module. So I can know keep the two connected. I was able to remove the module today and open the trap door behind it to replace w/ the chip to reprogram. 2 things that are a problem.

1. I found a chip already inside the slot.
    2. I did not see a reset button or any type of button inside the back of the module.

I did follow the directions on bmwe34.net and removed chip from my remote i got off ebay and plugged into alarm module turned ignition key and replaced in remote. Still the alarm did not work. Led's on remote work when depressed so remote looks like it working just not syncing w/ alarm??? Any help please. Am i using the wrong remote or is my alarm not programmable. Anyone have a alarm module w/out a reset button.

my alarm module in my e34 92' 535i is FCC ID A269ZUA086
    The number on the chip i found when I opened the remote was BH110 7299A

Default pics

module back. no reset button and existing chip in socket.

Default new remote

remote front and back

Default What Happened?

InfernoM3,
    What did you end up doing?
    I am trying to do the exact same thing. I have not purchased the remote yet but the alarm under the back seat looks exactly the same. You posts are great, I am just courious on the end fix or results.

Thanks.

mrstella
    1995 525i

Default info

Quote Originally Posted by mrstellabmw
    InfernoM3,
    What did you end up doing?
    I am trying to do the exact same thing. I have not purchased the remote yet but the alarm under the back seat looks exactly the same. You posts are great, I am just courious on the end fix or results.

Thanks.

mrstella
    1995 525i
    I used the 3 button remote I got off ebay. only the top button works which locks/unlocks the door. There was a chip in the alarm module in car. So I took that one out and put it in the remote. And voila it works. I coudln't get it to work with the chip that came in the remote???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast