GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Thoughts on BMW replica Wheels

Default Thoughts on BMW replica Wheels

I really would like to put some M style wheels on the 530 iT. But $3,200 is a lot to part with for some new shoes. I know I can get some replicas with great tires for half that price. What are you guys thougts on the Replicas M style wheels. Good deal or bad investment.

thanks

be aware that you are dealing with a heavy car!Genuine BMW wheels are usually forged which makes them strong and light.If you live in an area with potholes and negotiate driveway etc at speed and g with the replicas be prepared for bent wheels.......If the replica wheels are heavy they do degrade ride/suspension action. I speak from my own experience
    Gone but not forgotten

Default Rondells = Replicas ??

I have a current thread asking about Rondells. Are they equal to or better than replicas being made in Germany?

for daily driving, no problem

they lack in load capacity and are not as light as their genuine counterparts, and also are not as resilient (or resistant) to denting as genuine forged rims but.. for every day use, if you wanna save the bucks go for em
    -inc

'91 e31 850
    '90 e34 535
    '02 CBR F4i stunt/track bike
    '07 gsxr 750 stunt bike

Default Look around for some used M style wheels OEM

If you are patient there will be some for sale either here or on Roadfly or somewhere else for a lot less. I got a set of excellent condition (refinished) Throwing Star M-contour wheels with new covers and with new Bridgestone Potenza SO5 tires for about half of what you are stating here.

Quote Originally Posted by TTyMiller
    I really would like to put some M style wheels on the 530 iT. But $3,200 is a lot to part with for some new shoes. I know I can get some replicas with great tires for half that price. What are you guys thougts on the Replicas M style wheels. Good deal or bad investment.

thanks