GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Wrecked my 95 540i!!!

Default Wrecked my 95 540i!!!

I am new here and looking for some advice. I recently put my 540i into a ditch that also happened to be inhabited by a tree. My driver's front quarter panel now shows plain evidence of this tree's existence. The panel is also pushed (?) backwards far enough to intrude on the driver door's ability to open fully. In addition, the front control arm (?) has decided to seperate itself from it's connection to the subframe by simply ripping itself right throught the metal. The connection bolt and the bushing are both in excellent condition. I have the following questions concerning the repair of my car:
    1) Since the front fender is intruding on the driver's door pathway, does this mean I have incurred a significant amount of damage to my chassis?? Or is this easily repaired by replacing the fender?
    2) Anyone out there have a clue as to how involved the control arm damage is going to be? And where might I find parts?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am now stuck in a Subaru Outback wagon (which isn't really a bad car but it still isn't my BMW) and I would like to get back to the business of driving as soon as possible. Thanks much.

Tough luck on that tree thing. You need to get a good body shop to look at the damage to guide you. The fender damage probably isn't too bad but if there is a control arm that's been ripped from its mountings you may be in real trouble. Get the car to a body shop and have them tell you how they would repair the damage. Good luck.

Curt.
    1994 530iT

This doesnt really sound too healthy. Unfortunatley these cars are rendered useless once in an accident not because they cant be fixed but because of the costs involved to repair them, even if you do the repairs yourself. Time to call the insurance company and haggle for the highest payoff you can get by documenting how pristene the car was prior to the accident. Take that money and find a replacement. You may be able to but the car back from the insurance company and sell parts for more money.
    Sorry for your loss man.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy