GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: question on tires and lsd

Default question on tires and lsd

I have to replace on of my tires due to an unfixable flat.
    I'll be replacing it with the exact same kind of tire, but my concern is the new tire will be new, and slightly larger than the 50% worn tire and that this will cause problems with the Limited Slip rear end. Should I worry about this?

If the tires are stamped with exactly the same size, shouldn't be a problem. Most people will put the new tires in the front though. Something to consider, you might feel better having two older matched tires in the rear.

1st of all it will probably cause your car to pull to one side or the other, you could put them on the front with the fronts being more equal put them on the rears. I wouldnt leave 2 different size tires on the rear of any posi rear end.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

well it will be going on the front initially, but I have 4 like tires, which I rotate, so eventually I'll be putting it on the rear. It is the exact same tire, same stamping and everything....this is totally going to f*&% up my rotating. Don't buy Firestone Firehawks they have a shitty weak sidewall.

What kind of shape, size is the spare? Could this be "rotated" in with the new tire and use the odd ball for a spare? Many times rotating tires on these beasts is not done or recommended. If same size tires, I wouldn't worry too much about the lsd issue.

my spare is an original, my aftermarket rims have the firestones of which we speak, so I can't use the oddball as a spare. The new tire is a Firehawk FZ50EP or something like that 235/40/17, just like the other 3, it's off the front, which used to be on the back - so they're worn down more. and the 2 good ones on the back are less worn - they used to be on the front. Anyway..yes it is the exact same tire, just new while the other is maybe 50% worn. No good for lsd or no worries?

personally i dont hink it will matter!Put your best two on the front anyway,but we are talking about only a few mm'sIf you are REALLY worried buy another tire so you have a matched pair
    Gone but not forgotten

Default am I alone here???

.... put the new one in the back on the side that presently has the most worn tire. (have them tread depth measured)
    It will break in faster in that position and catch up to the others quicker.
    I have 255/40/17 in the rear and one side (i forget which) burns tires a tad faster than the other.
    If you put it in the front, you will never allow it to wear down & catch up to the other ones.
    ^°^ ><((({º>°°

Default e 34/s never where their tires out

they always go at the sides whie theres plenty left in the middle
    Gone but not forgotten

sorry, but my rear tires are evenly cooked all the way thru from left to right!
    255-40-17 .... but the left seems to go thru a tire a little quicker than the right
    ^°^ ><((({º>°°