GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Setting up ETK on new computer?

Default Setting up ETK on new computer?

I have a new computer and I need to reinstall ETK and TIS, needless to say I forgot how to!

Installing the BMW ETK/TIS

TIS – Technical Information System (10/01)
    ETK – Electronic Parts Catalog (03/02)

Insert the ETK CD into your CDROM drive. Go to X:\WIN95\BMW\ETK (where X is the letter of your CDROM drive) and run SETUP.EXE. This installs the SYSADM part. (It will ask you if you want to put a shortcut on your desktop; if you do, you can access it from the SYSADM icon. If not, it will be accessible from START/PROGRAMS/BMW95/Sysadm.)

Next you want to run the SYSADM tool and install the ETK/EPC portion.

This part may take up to 20 minutes so be patient as it will put all of the data on your hard drive. You’ll need to have at least 450MB free.

Then, from the SYSADM application install TIS.

You will be asked if you want to install the TIS to run from the hard drive or CDROM drive. If hard drive, make sure that you have 490MB in addition to the 450MB required by the ETK. Additional questions may be addressed in the README files provided with the CD.

NOTE: Software works best at 1024x768 screen resolution.

Thanks I made it work, and by the way long time no see how ya been?

Cool beans.

Not bad, fighting storm damage. A huge oak took out all of our phone lines, no one could find them. Crap, (2) 200 pair, (2) 100 pair and (4) 50 pair are unmissable. I think I found the Garden of Eden for Poison Ivy. Jeanne is starting to roll through, it's raining horizontally.

How be CS? Wishing you stayed in Chattown? I'm heading over this fall, Gabi wants to ride the merry go round again.

CS. is fine we did not get much here! As for Chattown, I miss it sometimes. My girls live in Boston now, the wife and I could not agree on states to live in!

Quote Originally Posted by rickm
    Installing the BMW ETK/TIS

TIS – Technical Information System (10/01)
    ETK – Electronic Parts Catalog (03/02)

Insert the ETK CD into your CDROM drive. Go to X:\WIN95\BMW\ETK (where X is the letter of your CDROM drive) and run SETUP.EXE. This installs the SYSADM part. (It will ask you if you want to put a shortcut on your desktop; if you do, you can access it from the SYSADM icon. If not, it will be accessible from START/PROGRAMS/BMW95/Sysadm.)

Next you want to run the SYSADM tool and install the ETK/EPC portion.

This part may take up to 20 minutes so be patient as it will put all of the data on your hard drive. You’ll need to have at least 450MB free.

Then, from the SYSADM application install TIS.

You will be asked if you want to install the TIS to run from the hard drive or CDROM drive. If hard drive, make sure that you have 490MB in addition to the 450MB required by the ETK. Additional questions may be addressed in the README files provided with the CD.

NOTE: Software works best at 1024x768 screen resolution.
    Where can I get a copy of these CD's? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Currently have a Trans Prog error on a 92 525i and would like to get it resolved.