GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Dip beam angle adjustment.

Default Dip beam angle adjustment.

In February next year, legislation is changing in New Zealand regarding dipped beam angle cut-off, they are raising the angle so we can see more road. Is this easily adjustable on our cars? I have the rotary dial next to the headlight switch, which can be used to adjust the headlight angle for towing, I don't think US cars have this, but could it complicate the procedure???

just put a bunch of **** in the trunk
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

winfred means to dial up a few degrees on your rotary, you lucky sob....=) we however, will continue to break the plastic parts that become brittle after years of engine heat and seize....thus keeping BMA parts house in business.....

There's a bit of an uprising at the moment because every car made since 1976 will need their light angle changed to comply, and this will cost people 10mins labour at a mechanics.

I don't understand legislation... The angle has to be at some exact figure, but then I can simply change the angle with the dashboard switch... I assume "0" is the normal figure for an unladen car, then 1 or 2 for towing, as I can flick the thumbwheel up to "2" and watch the beam slowly coming towards me.

I'm also assuming that the current maximum angle is with the switch in the "0" position, and this will have to be altered. That's my question, how can I change the "0" position angle.

Jr ///M5... If it will make you happy, I'll swap you my 525ia with grey velour interior and headlight angle adjustment, for your M5.

Dan as you will have noted the dashboard adjustment is pretty subtle.The 0,1,2,are for different load cases,We still have the normal adjustments too,look at the grill immediately below the headlights.God are they allowing us to adjust the angles up....more mayhem..its bad enough now with the suvs and the foglight brigade.....0 is for unladen 1 i think for 4 people and 2 for 2 people and luggage..something like that anyway.
    Gone but not forgotten

Yeah, up it is. Hasn't been changed since 1976, and since then the height of cars has progressively lowered, so people see less of the road. There are suposedly X number of crashes related to lighting conditions, and the change will reduce X by Y... They're just increasing it to the same angle as Japan, Australia and apparently most of the world. I know a lot of our cars are jap imports, but they have the beam angle lowered when they get certified...

Have you ever leaned against the back of your car when refuelling and felt that sinking feeling? Even full versus empty tank must have quite an effect on beam angle.

My WOF is due November, then May, so I guess I wont have to worry about adjusting the angle until May.

the fill effet of the gas tank is equalled by the lightening of your wallet!I went to the station the other day and spent over 80.00 filling her up!
    Gone but not forgotten

i just paid $1.91 for 93 a mile from the house, the other places at my exit are running $1.95-2.03, living in louisiana's good for something, 93 everywear and some of the cheepest gas in the country

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    the fill effet of the gas tank is equalled by the lightening of your wallet!I went to the station the other day and spent over 80.00 filling her up!
    Last edited by winfred; 09-26-2004 at 06:58 PM.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

I know what you mean about gas paul... OBC is telling me I have 63km range. Allowance goes in tomorrow, and I think most of it will go to the gas station.