GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Completed retrofit cruise control

York, England - an ancient walled city, founded by the Romans. Popular with American visitors!

Default Completed retrofit cruise control

Dear All

I have just sucessfully completed retrofitting cruise control in on my 1989 530i SE which has the 3 litre 6 cylinder M30 engine. If anyone else on the board wants to discuss anything or would like information, please feel welcome to contact me.

One thing though - some time ago a member of this board reported that he had experienced the throttle sticking open with cruise control and he had fitted a special clip BMW had produced on both the throttle and cruise control connections. If anyone knows the part number of these clips shown below, I should be grateful to know.

Many thanks,
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Simon Daubeney, York, England. 1989 530iSE 5-spd Manual, Alpina 17s, M5 swaybars, Eibach sports springs and Bilstein Sprint dampers.

Default Congrat's on the cruise install . . .

The clips are part number: 35-40-1-165-393, about $1.50 US at the dealer. I bent some up many years ago when I 1st learned of the problem, from a piece of 1/16" welding rod & works just the same. A fellow on the roadfly e32 board just experienced a stuck throttle a couple months ago due to the very problem but had the wherewithall to cut the ignition & ditch it into a parking lot without mishap.

There was a recall notice on these, info on the web. You might talk the dealer into giving you a pair for free.
    gale
    92 735i 5-spd, turbo project finally underway!

York, England - an ancient walled city, founded by the Romans. Popular with American visitors!

Quote Originally Posted by gale
    The clips are part number: 35-40-1-165-393, about $1.50 US at the dealer. I bent some up many years ago when I 1st learned of the problem, from a piece of 1/16" welding rod & works just the same. A fellow on the roadfly e32 board just experienced a stuck throttle a couple months ago due to the very problem but had the wherewithall to cut the ignition & ditch it into a parking lot without mishap.

There was a recall notice on these, info on the web. You might talk the dealer into giving you a pair for free.
    Thanks very much for the part numbers - I shall order some as soon as possible - we'll see if they come FOC!

Many thanks again.
    Simon Daubeney, York, England. 1989 530iSE 5-spd Manual, Alpina 17s, M5 swaybars, Eibach sports springs and Bilstein Sprint dampers.