GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The lines of the E34....

Default The lines of the E34....

Study the E34 for a few moments if you will, soon you will see the pleasing lines that configure this style, the E34.

There isn't a bad line throughout the whole car. From front to back, the lines flow evenly and with purpose. Each line connecting another body line with a geometric swoop that compliments adjacent panels. Every plane, adjoins another, with a line that intersects, or shadows a complimentary line.

The longer you look at it, the more mesmorizing it becomes. You can almost see the "clay lines" that were purposely cut into the mold of the body. A careful look of the body side molding will reveal this quality. Especially shadow lines, just park your car half in and half out of direct sunlight to see this effect.......

Then, you ask youself this question, "Who the hell had this kind of vision????".......compared to todays cars, with the "European Flair?". Just looking at the E34, lets you know, the chisled shape will live indefinately. A classic shape indeed. With a complimentary geometric pattern, that is, "Pleasing to the Eye", casting design shadows that gives this shape, the ability to breath...

Makes you wonder where the new designs are headed, and, if they will endure the same type of "classic" style that BMW has been known to produce. Generations will tell.... They will tell of the days the E34 style, with it's geometric pattern, and it being the one of the upmost standards of the automotive industry. They will speak of a classic design that we have had the privledge of knowing, and driving. They might copy or reproduce it, but they will never know the satisfaction of owning one.....One, one of the greatest cars ever built!

Jr
    '91 ///M5

Yep it's perty alright!

I think it's a more origional deaign than my E39, which I think resembles a Honda Civic.

Default Awwww Jr I thought you were going to give us

another perfect illustration of this brilliant design.I have upset a few people at the BMW car club by saying the E34 is my idea of THE BMW.Not the 2002,not 635,not the E30....
    Gone but not forgotten

Jr...absolutely! In fact, I'm going to take a picture of my car at work, from the 2nd story "water closet" window that I stare out of, marvelling at the E34's Classic (capital C intended) lines. Man, it doesn't get much better than that! About the only thing Bangle's monsters have is the reverse rake on the lower portion of the rear windows. Everything else is bizarre at best. Dame Edna Z4's in different sizes and proportions with glued on asses is not what I like.

It's not a simple question of folks not letting go of the past...it truly is as Junior describes it....classic automotive artwork. I'll take a Rodain or Mondigliani over Picasso any day!

Cheers
    Duey
    Last edited by DueyT; 09-18-2004 at 09:05 PM.

1995 540i/6 Sport Pkg w/E.A.T. chip and Nikasil injection Duey's Gallery

Default I think you two have

made me realize.Its kinda like it has been sculpted from solid,not a moulded plastic toy...I often cant walk into work without lookin back....
    Gone but not forgotten

Duey T......the rear window vent portion of the window aligns with the front of the rear wheel well. Look closely, the angles do not appear to line up with anything, until......you look straight down. Follow the line of the rear window vent down and you will connect with the front of the rear wheel opening... Amazing itsn't it?

This type of "line" is what makes the E34 a classic in it's time. The so called, "un-noticed" line. You might even hear people say, "There's something about that car, but I can't put my finger on it".....is probably the ultimate compliment.

Enjoy the lines, they were ahead of their time.....

Jr

i beleve that's called "generic plastic box"

Quote Originally Posted by Jr ///M5
    compared to todays cars, with the "European Flair
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default The E34 is e great looking car!

Quote Originally Posted by Jr ///M5
    Study the E34 for a few moments if you will, soon you will see the pleasing lines that configure this style, the E34.

There isn't a bad line throughout the whole car. From front to back, the lines flow evenly and with purpose. Each line connecting another body line with a geometric swoop that compliments adjacent panels. Every plane, adjoins another, with a line that intersects, or shadows a complimentary line.

The longer you look at it, the more mesmorizing it becomes. You can almost see the "clay lines" that were purposely cut into the mold of the body. A careful look of the body side molding will reveal this quality. Especially shadow lines, just park your car half in and half out of direct sunlight to see this effect.......

Then, you ask youself this question, "Who the hell had this kind of vision????".......compared to todays cars, with the "European Flair?". Just looking at the E34, lets you know, the chisled shape will live indefinately. A classic shape indeed. With a complimentary geometric pattern, that is, "Pleasing to the Eye", casting design shadows that gives this shape, the ability to breath...

Makes you wonder where the new designs are headed, and, if they will endure the same type of "classic" style that BMW has been known to produce. Generations will tell.... They will tell of the days the E34 style, with it's geometric pattern, and it being the one of the upmost standards of the automotive industry. They will speak of a classic design that we have had the privledge of knowing, and driving. They might copy or reproduce it, but they will never know the satisfaction of owning one.....One, one of the greatest cars ever built!

Jr
    '91 ///M5
    You're right.
    Here some examples of a great looking e34

the headlight "datum" surface is too abrupt for me....if they curved the viewable portion in the side profile, then it I would consider it perfect.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default Take it easy!

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    the headlight "datum" surface is too abrupt for me....if they curved the viewable portion in the side profile, then it I would consider it perfect.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast