GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Could the new posters please introduce yourselves

Default Could the new posters please introduce yourselves

I have been on this board since we ditched roadflea years ago. I now see many new names and would like introductions so that I can get to know our expanding e34 family. So if you are new within the last 4 months could you post your:

Name
    Mods
    any additional info.

Thanks
    Brandon J

Default What's up Brandon...

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon J
    I have been on this board since we ditched roadflea years ago. I now see many new names and would like introductions so that I can get to know our expanding e34 family. So if you are new within the last 4 months could you post your:

Name
    Mods
    any additional info.

Thanks
    My name is Phil and I am located in northeastern PA. I haven't been posting on here too long so I figured I would introduce myself. I used to have a 92 325i which was fully modified. The car had H&R/Bilsteins, Conforti chip, 1998 M3 wheels, Brembos, RD sways and strut tower brace, etc. Before I had the E36 I always wanted a 535im but couldn't find one with low miles. In October of 2002 the 325i was stolen and was found chopped outside of NYC. The car totaled. After that I took the insurance money and found a 1990 535im (Alpine white) in Manhattan on Ebay. I bought the car in Jan 2003 with 53,000 miles (holy ****!) which was completely stock. Since then I have done the following: Dinan chip (didn't know about EAT back then), UUC short shift, all clear corners, 18" M-parallels staggered with 235/40 and 265/35 Potenza re750s, H&R/Bilstein sports all around, Zimmerman cross drilled with PBR metal masters all around, 750 bushings, RD sways and RD strut tower brace. Soon I'll post some pictures.

Phil

Default Sup B

Brandon,
    My name is Michael and I'm in North Carolina (Holly Springs to be exact).
    I bought a 1995 525 (129,000 miles) a few months ago and have only done some minor refurbing since then. I love this car and will not drive anything but BMW if I can help it ( I went from a Honda accord to the E34).

I've done the following since buying the car in June:

Replaced front control arms
    Replaced swaybar links
    Replaced spark plugs
    Replaced oild and fuel filters
    Had Intake and Injector service done
    Replaced, and repainted rear bumper
    Replaced seal inside driver door
    Also had pin stripe removed.
    Replaced faded blue tint with much nicer tint from Forumla One.

All told i have probably put in about $2000 since I bought it (not bad I thought since I only paid 6k for it).

You can see my car here:
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/668949

Would love to do the following some time next year:
    ETA Chip
    17" ASA wheels
    Redye Interior front.
    Repaint front of the car to get rid of rock chips
    New fuel pump
    New Exhaust
    New throttle body
    New headers
    New mats

Michael

Howdy, I am Martin. I have been lurking on this board for a while. It sounds like there are some folks highly informed about maintaining these cars.
    erased due to slander

Hello,

My name is Dennis, I'm from New Hampshire. I have a '95 540i 6sp (see sig ) and, like Michael, I haven't done much outside of refurbishing.. Since I've owned the car I've replaced the clutch, flywheel, motor mounts and transmission mounts...And soon I'll be taking on my first project (aside from fabricating a vent for a new battery out of some vinyl tubing ), replacing the valve cover gaskets. So far my only real mod is the Dinan performance chip, and I sympathize with Phil, I too was unaware of the EAT option..

'95 540i 6sp, uuc ssk, Dinan chip
    proud member of the nikasil club

Murray, live in the Toronto area. Own a 95-540/6. Yes it has a Nikasil block with 150,000 kms. Leak down test at 120,000kms indicated 7-8% on all cylinders on purchase. Since then I have replaced front shocks(stock), springs(stock) all four corners(original owner had lowered the car too much) rad, water cooler, and clutch. Next thing to do is tighten up the front end(front end wonders on my beat-up Kumo's) This car see's nothing but the lowest sulphur fuel in Ontario(Sunoco 94). Has a Dinan chip, enjoy the ride but am looking foreward to the better steering response when I tighten up the front end. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Martin in Bellevue
    Howdy, I am Martin. I have been lurking on this board for a while. It sounds like there are some folks highly informed about maintaining these cars.
    Martin,
    You don't count. New in the last 4 months not 4 yrs. Gee, helping Jeff N on his car must have killed some brain cells.
    Brandon J

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon J

Name Ken
    Location Salt Lake City
    Car model 530i auto
    Mods Stock - not even a chip yet.
    any additional info. Just broke 63K miles this week.

Thanks. You're welcome

Default Dan from Redmond checking in

I’m Dan Rice, in Redmond Washington. I inherited my wife’s 1995 530i last October when she bought a new 330 coupe. I never cared much for the car for the 4 years she drove it, but now that it’s mine I am really enjoying it. I just changed the plugs and coolant pump, thermostat and housing, etc. It has 122,000 miles with the original Nikasil block and still has a glass-smooth idle, so I’m presuming there’s no Nikasil problem. The car is black over tan and has been trouble-free other than losing the auxiliary coolant pump about 90 miles from home about a year ago. I’ve been lurking on this site for a few weeks, and recently fixed my headrests (which hadn’t worked since we’ve owned the car) using the simple fix I found among the threads here. I only put about 10,000 miles per year on a car (I travel a lot and have a motorcycle too) so I’m just hoping for about 2 or 3 more relatively trouble-free years and then maybe I’ll pick up a 3-year-old 2004 530i.
    D. Rice
    Redmond Washiington
    1995 530i

Hi, my name is Mike Stauffer, and I'm addicted to BMW's. (except Bangle's)
    Harrisburg, PA
    92 535iM black on black
    Mods: EAT chip, Sach's kit, Triflow catback, clears, Bruno's inserts and subframe plates, 750 bushings, amp and sub

I've been working on this thing quite a bit this year. Got it in March, did everything listed above as well as: Adjusted valves, Evaporator, expansion valve and drier, dogbones, tie rods, upper and lower control arms, strut mounts front and rear, complete tune-up, detailed paint with orbital buffer.

Planned mods and maintenance over the next year: Sway bars, injectors, FPR, Headgasket, possibly rear suspension bushings

I just started up again on this board when I got my 535iM early this year. I used to post occasionally on the old bimmernut board and roadflea when I had my old e34. My wife wrecked that one, and in the meantime we ended up with an e39. I missed my old e30 and e34 and starting looking for a replacement, and that's when I found the current one. Sometime when I'm bored, I'll post pictures of the old and the new e34s. The old one was wrecked with 153,000. I put over 50,000 miles on her in 4 years. The new one I bought had 156,000, so I pretty much picked up where I left off.

Thanks to everyone on the board for the invaluable advice and info.

P.S. My trunk lock is still jammed!! Any advice or tips appreciated.
    Last edited by mikemaster; 09-16-2004 at 06:54 PM.
    Mike S.
    1992 535iM black/black
    1997 540iM white/gray
    Retired: 89 535iA, 85 318i

<<Support your local autobahn, stay out of the left lane!>>

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast