GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Well Winfred...how are things down there?

Default Well Winfred...how are things down there?

Roof still attached or are you bailing water out of the harddrive of the PC?

Post some pics if you can...

Hope this finds you well!

Jeff
    Bellevue WA
    90 535iM - not much stock remains. 3.7 liters, ported head, cammed, 3.73 diffy, M5 brakes, MAFed, yadda yadda yadda
    86 Porsche 951 - Track Toy

it didn't even rain here, i didn't expect much because it was too far east, the temps dropped about 10 degrees much to the delight of the state bird (mosquito) they usually stay hidden during the heat of the day but are wearing me out while i am re motoring a volvo
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default Well that's no fun......

You should live like me, going inside a tin-can. At least that's how it feels inside my place with all the aluminum shutters still up. It's been one week now and I planned to take them off Saturday, but now I have to figure out what's gonna happen with friggin' Hurricane Jeanne! Geeze Louise! It's been like dodging curveballs out of a pitching machine down here this year. Week after week. Bonnie, Charley, Fran, Ivan, now Jeanne.....all on our mental radar here in South Florida. After this one, I'm just gonna start drinking and not care what happens 'til Christmas!

Brian C.
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

Default that doesn't sound fun at all,

sounds a bit stressing to me. You guys sure have had an interesting year so far, I dont ever remember this many hurricanes in a year and im old as tar.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Glad you made it through OK

Default He got off real easy, herd there sending another that way!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. BILL
    Glad you made it through OK
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default Yes it is, Wise Two-Grand Master....

Does that mean that you get another knot in your bimmer-belt Jeff??

This has been one heck of a strange year. So far it doesn't seem as though either Texas or Bermuda has gotten hit yet! It's sort of like a meteorological game of bowling where the weather dude has finally gotten into the "groove" and is crowding the head-pin every time! How 'bout a few gutter balls, huh?!

When we think about hurricane season down here, we know that it starts on June 1...my birthday!...and ends on December 1. But you almost NEVER get any storms until mid to late August, and almost NEVER have any after mid to late October. Early season storms usually come east from the African Continent, and later season storms can form more often in the lower Carribean or Gulf of Mexico and move north. Who the hell knows what's going to happen in the next month or so this year!

This is one of the first times I have ever heard residents here seriously speak about getting out due to the storms. After Andrew, people moved because of the extensive devastation...but most only moved a few counties away to where the destruction was minimal. Now people are comparing whether it would be easier to live with earthquakes or blizzards or tornadoes or whatever. I think a lot of the stress is from the forecasting in advance. If an earthquake or tornado tosses you from your bed in the middle of the night it's one thing to deal with. But day after day of every news station showing advance projected paths, satellite views....etc....is driving people nuts. And then post-storm it's 24/7 of views of wrecked houses and marinas from every station's chopper. Give us a break!

Where are my limes.......

Brian C.
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

ill never figure out why so many people want to make their home in a storm target, it may be cool for vacations but piss on living in the path of so many nasty storms. andrew was the last thing we got and most of the rain was spent by time it got here so it was just wind (and tornados)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian C.
    After Andrew, people moved because of the extensive devastation...but most only moved a few counties away to where the destruction was minimal. Now people are comparing whether it would be easier to live with earthquakes or blizzards or tornadoes or whatever
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it