GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks for everyone's help on Chain Tensioner and Guide Replacement......

Default Thanks for everyone's help on Chain Tensioner and Guide Replacement......

It took me about 3 days, few hours after each day after work but my E34 is back on the road. Parts replaced: guide, tensioner, ball bearing, front seal, new gaskets, circlips, all belts, thermostat, and coolant. I didn't replace the chain and sprockets beacuase they seemed to be fair. Again, I appreciate the help from all of those who responded to my e-mail. I will now go for the magic 400K miles!!! Only 40K miles to go!!!I also just finished replacement of the differential output seals and fluid replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by rommel
    It took me about 3 days, few hours after each day after work but my E34 is back on the road. Parts replaced: guide, tensioner, ball bearing, front seal, new gaskets, circlips, all belts, thermostat, and coolant. I didn't replace the chain and sprockets beacuase they seemed to be fair. Again, I appreciate the help from all of those who responded to my e-mail. I will now go for the magic 400K miles!!! Only 40K miles to go!!!I also just finished replacement of the differential output seals and fluid replacement.

Your E34 has over 300 miles on the odometer? Damn! When you bought it how many miles did it have and how much work have you done to it since?

Quote Originally Posted by 1995 525i
    Your E34 has over 300 miles on the odometer? Damn! When you bought it how many miles did it have and how much work have you done to it since?
    I have been taking care of this E34 since about 30K miles. It was my boss's car and I drove it frequently. I didn't fully acquire the car until about 2 1/2 years ago. He replaced it with a new 540 and a Z Roadster.

I have a long list of parts replaced that I can remember that I replaced:

Brand New Driveshaft
    Brand New Left Half-Shaft
    Oil Pan Gasket
    Main and Rod Bearings (Only Because I had the Oil Pan Off)
    Eccentrics, Nut, Bolt, and Washer
    Distributor Cap
    Inner Tie Rods
    Outer Tie Rods
    Lots of Tires
    Two Sets of BBS's (First ones hit lenght of 4x4 someone dropped on freeway)
    AC Retro, drier, pressure switch, adapters, o-rings, freon
    Windshield, shop cracked it replacing wiper blades
    Brand New Factory Exhaust not including cat
    O2 Sensor
    E39 fuel line retro (Warm Start Problems)
    Gas tank straps
    Valve Cover Gasket
    Exhaust Hangers
    Diff Seals
    Water Pump
    Fan Clutch
    Resistor Pack for Blower
    Bonnet struts
    Misc covers under hood
    Sachs Kit
    JC Chip
    Couple of Batteries
    Few rotors and pads

I have been saving the parts receipts, 90% from BMA. There are more parts that I did not list. I also always use Mobil 1 15w50 and replace it every 6-8K.
    The car uses almost a quart of oil every 8K. I'll try to take pic of car.

Good luck with your E34!!!

Default Car's dirty but here's a pic

That's a nice ride! I still can't believe it has so many miles on the od. I guess that give me hope for mine. I bougth it a few months ago for 6K with 128k on the od. Guy took somewhat good care of it. I havel already dropped 2k into to get it where I think it should be. Hopefully I can add rims and performance parts (like an ETA chip) later. I also want to get the interior re-dyed.

Michael

Default Thanks!! I love the car!! I've good things about the EAT Chip....

That's a nice ride! I still can't believe it has so many miles on the od. I guess that give me hope for mine. I bougth it a few months ago for 6K with 128k on the od. Guy took somewhat good care of it. I havel already dropped 2k into to get it where I think it should be. Hopefully I can add rims and performance parts (like an ETA chip) later. I also want to get the interior re-dyed.

Michael
    ..........It should be similar to my JC(Thanks to you know who). My interior is also OK. Drivers seat is torn. I've got seat covers on it for now. You should not have problems achieving this mileage with proper maintenance. The M30 is a tank!! I've made it home on a 45 minute drive with no fan/alternator belt. Barely made him home with the Battery dying and car running real hot, I'd stop every 15 minutes. Temp was ok once I hit the freeway at speed.
    Last edited by rommel; 09-14-2004 at 11:51 AM.

..........It should be similar to my JC(Thanks to you know who). My interior is also OK. Drivers seat is torn. I've got seat covers on it for now. You should not have problems achieving this mileage with proper maintenance. The M30 is a tank!! I've made it home on a 45 minute drive with no fan/alternator belt. Barely made him home with the Battery dying and car running real hot, I'd stop every 15 minutes. Temp was ok once I hit the freeway at speed.

Good to know. So far I've replaced the oil and fuuel filters, added new spark plugs, replaced the rear bumper, the sawy bar links and front control arms.
    Has the engine serviced too. Drives great although I still get some slight surging under hard acceleration. Other than that I love it.

Did you have the odometer stop at 300k as people claim happen?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default You may want to have your fuel pump tested

Good to know. So far I've replaced the oil and fuuel filters, added new spark plugs, replaced the rear bumper, the sawy bar links and front control arms.
    Has the engine serviced too. Drives great although I still get some slight surging under hard acceleration. Other than that I love it.
    The check valve on my fuel pump went bad and that's why I installed the E39 retro. My fuel pressure checked ok. I have no problems right now. Car runs tight and fast. Knock on wood!!! I've also replace the thrust arms, swar bar links, bushings, plugs and 2nd Sach's clutch kit (200k and 350k) that I forgot to mention above.

Default My odometer did not stop at all. It does very seldomly act funny......

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    Did you have the odometer stop at 300k as people claim happen?
    ..........when its very cold out but I have a new sending unit to install that I've been sitting on since winter. I'm hoping that the diff fluid changed helped that quarkiness. I used Red Line Racing synthetic gear oil. The odometer hit 300k on the way back from Myrtle Beach to home.(Western Maryland) about 15 months ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast