GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: OK searched on the site and didnt find info.

Default OK searched on the site and didnt find info.

This is a new one,My car now has the odometer light on all the time and does not register the miles driven,total miles change but the trip miles stay on zero. While experiencing this my engine light comes on and the car feels like its going to stall right down to the engine gasping.When I rev it high(auto) and gun it,it hesitates and then feels like its going to stall then it goes.Now while this is happening now the engine starts to overheat.Its just one thing after another.Why does this car mock me? Does it know that I love it?

Ok, I think you have a multitude of problems all at once here. First thing is to check fault codes with the stomp test and see whats going on there. Thats probably the hesitation deal.

The over heating could be the auxilliary fans or the clutch fan needs replacing.

The dash problems are probably a couple of bad capacitors you will need to solder and replace.

Hope this helps you isolate some of your problems.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I tried the stomp test(depress accelerator 5 times with key in on position) but it doesnt work for me. As far as the rest where are these fans at and how do I know if they are working or not ? By the way thx for the response.

Default the aux fans

are up front infront of the radiator, start the car go listen, then turn the air on, they should be working and you will hear them.

The stomp test is somewhat challanging, When I first found out about it I'd say it took me 6-8 times to get it "just right" try try again.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

OK now the car is in the Bimmer Place in Winter Park,FL according to them as far as the overheating it is: The waterpump bearings are failing,themostat,coolant tank is completely blocked and like always the check engine light doesnt come on when they have it( like the day you get a haircut and your hair already looks great) so as usual they cant duplicate my problem. If it fixes the problem great,better than a car payment for me..