GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which would be easier on the engine, 1 water decarbonizing or 6 lo-spd ita. tuneups?

Default Which would be easier on the engine, 1 water decarbonizing or 6 lo-spd ita. tuneups?

have done an eye-talian tune up during each work shift for the past week (once the engine has been running for at least 1 hr). is this being too hard on the motor if i do it 10 or 11 times? my procedure is to just drive around town for at least one minute with the car locked in first gear at 45 mph (yielding about 5200 rpm). it has netted me some extra power (and raised the pingband from 2100 rpm to 2300 rpm) but has yielded no additional mpg. the very strong chemical i've been running in the gas for the last 50 gallons or so has raised the pingband from 1700 to 2100, and gotten me an additional 1mpg in real BS proof stop and go (ie, 14.5 mpg to about 15.3), but no additional power. keep in mind that i'm not running synthetic right now, so that might factor into the "abrasive" value of the italian tuneup. thanks.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

please keep in mind that the professional fuel injection cleaning only moderately reduced the ping, that's why i'm considering desperate measures like the water induction.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    have done an eye-talian tune up during each work shift for the past week (once the engine has been running for at least 1 hr). is this being too hard on the motor if i do it 10 or 11 times? my procedure is to just drive around town for at least one minute with the car locked in first gear at 45 mph (yielding about 5200 rpm). it has netted me some extra power (and raised the pingband from 2100 rpm to 2300 rpm) but has yielded no additional mpg. the very strong chemical i've been running in the gas for the last 50 gallons or so has raised the pingband from 1700 to 2100, and gotten me an additional 1mpg in real BS proof stop and go (ie, 14.5 mpg to about 15.3), but no additional power. keep in mind that i'm not running synthetic right now, so that might factor into the "abrasive" value of the italian tuneup. thanks.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

i do water treatments with the motor hot and with the motor at about 2k rpm, about a pint at a time, if it farts out a cloud of oil smoke it needed it and i warm the motor back up and hit it again
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

what is the pingband? the span that it pings? lol i didn't know they had a name for it =]

Default how do you pour it in there?

I used to do this with the old carbureted engines with unbelievable results
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

winfred sez that he uses the FPR vacuum line.

Meaning that he disconnects the end that hooks up to the fuel regulator, and shoves it into water, letting the intake manifold vacuum do the rest, right?

Custom Turbocharged 1991 535iM - 135k mi.

Quote Originally Posted by AllanS
    Meaning that he disconnects the end that hooks up to the fuel regulator, and shoves it into water, letting the intake manifold vacuum do the rest, right?

yeah, i would assume he regulates it by keeping his finger over the end of the hose. i was hoping it would run without the MAF inline, so that i could use a spray bottle at the throttle body (less chance of me hydrolocking things). but the car doesn't like that, so once i find where the hose connects, ill be doing things that way.

small diameter vacuum line and about 2k rpm help prevent any experaments in the non compressability of water
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default even with a bigger hose the chance of

hydrolock is virtually impossible unless your idling at 300 rpms. In other words if it starts to die stop the water from flowing. Do not have it attached before you start it and make sure it doesnt siphon when you shut it off.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast