GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK, here's MY FUN FRIDAY story....

Default OK, here's MY FUN FRIDAY story....

Since most of us ,here in South Florida, had so much fun last weekend with our visiter Frances, we all have decided to do it all over again this weekend with a new friend we expect in a day or two, Ivan. From what we're hearing, Ivan is bigger and meaner than Franny ever was so most of us are preparing for a weekend of even more fun than last, if that's possible.

Now three major storms in a month may seem a bit extreme to some of you, but to us it's just another day at the beach. Yeah, right. I woke up yesterday and after watching the 7 am reports, and after I became physically ill, I thought that I'd better get a few things done. Now as some of you may know, my condo was completely destroyed a few years ago during Hurricane Andrew. I have lived in a pretty secure townhouse ever since, but.....well....I've never quite gotten around to getting hurricane shutters put up over my windows and sliding glass doors. You'd think I'd have learned, huh? Well yesterday around 7:15 am was time.

I called a place in the Yellow Pages and they told me that they would sell me all the materials I needed, I'd just have to come get them and put them up. Off I went and by noon I'd bought all the things I'd need, and I could pick up the storm panels at 3 pm. And......since I no longer own an E34, I introduce to you..........

My PT Cruiser.

Here it is in front of my place earlier this week. Notice the neighbors plywood over their windows, and mine with none. All the assorted leaves and branches too. Not too bad luckily.

I do miss the bimmer sometimes, but I ask you all........can any of you do THIS with an E34??? Maybe a Touring, but not my old 4 door. The shutters and assorted channels and attachers and stuff was too much, so I had to make two trips, but here are 29 96" 11 lb aluminum window panels in the little sucker. And the hatch closed too!

And this is what I did all day today. Extruded channels go top and bottom. They need to be drilled so I can then drill through them so I can then drive the tapcon lag screws into either the wood or the masonary walls. One hole every 12". Fun. Then you shove the panel up, and push it down over the thredded studs on the bottom channel. Wingnut them all up, 3 to a panel, and you're good to go.

Here's my upper loft window....12' x 4.5'....I was most worried about this one getting a direct hit buy some airborn coconut.

And here's an after picture of the 3 main window areas done. Now all I need to do tomorrow is cover 7 sliding glass doors with those 96" panels. More fun.

I'm a bit tired(!)to say the least, but as Scarlet once said, "Tomorrow is another day!" I'm gonna catch a little of the Canes and the Noles on the tube, and go nite-nite. To be continued...............

Brian C.
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

Good luck man, all you can do is prepare for the worst - hope for the best. 'Course we'll keep get the remnants here in NC, kinda like sloppy seconds...
    Scott
    '93 525iT 245k miles (sold, but not forgotten)
    '11 TSX Sport Wagon
    '00 328i
    '78 MGB
    '08 Saab Aero

Is the PT turbo 5-speed?

Nice job, BTW.

Brian...move to Kansas!

Missile-Silos.com

1995 540i/6 Sport Pkg w/E.A.T. chip and Nikasil injection Duey's Gallery

a couple of the texas ones look cool

Quote Originally Posted by DueyT
    Brian...move to Kansas!

Missile-Silos.com

all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default Roger THAT! Me, and Toto too!

Quote Originally Posted by DueyT
    Brian...move to Kansas!

Missile-Silos.com

.............Ansel Adams

Default And from the look of.....

....today's latest storm track charts, you may be needing a bunker of your own in a few days!

It's been edging westward for the past few days and while it may still jog back to the east the only thing for certain is that SOMEONE is gonna get hit by it. When it comes to these things you really have to be selfish in your thoughts. When you hope that it doesn't come to my area, you're just wishing it off on someone else. Keep an eye on the radar!

Brian C.
    .............Ansel Adams

Default No....

It's a Touring Edition 2.4L I4 turbo with an auto tranny. I drive in too much gridlock for a stick.

Brian C.
    .............Ansel Adams

Mom is back to Florida and has dodged first two bullets...hoping to dodge no.3. Guess stuff does happen in 3's.
    Good Luck Brian,
    George

Default Brian, Looks like something from a Mad Max movie....

Seriously though I hope this thing goes elsewhere. Fla doesn't need #3 and we don't need any of the sloppy seconds Scotty mentioned either.

John R.
    1992 525 IA, EAT chip, 16 x 7.5 Rondell 58's, BavAuto Springs, Bilstein Sports, Elipsoid Smileys & fogs, Z3 Pistol grip shifter, 4 VDO gauge package, Azure Blue w/nice patina - clearcoat shot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast