GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FCP Groton, LLC

Default FCP Groton, LLC

Has anyone ever bought parts, specifically suspension parts from this company on Ebay, They go by foreigncarpartsonline. I intend to replace my entire front suspension.

Go with BMA; You're assured of the quality and the great service. I just did the same.
    Ramon
    1994 540iA Nikasil EAT Chip
    Tampa Bay, Florida USA

Why not just buy from BMA where you'll get great prices and terrific service?

Curt.

I used them to replace my front end stuff, found them on the internet, great prices on thier control arms/thrust arms, but, the ball joint boots have torn, already. I agree with everyone else, buy from BMA, it may cost you more, but you could be like me and need to replace the stuff again in only 2 yrs.

Default So far so good

Quote Originally Posted by kraulto
    Has anyone ever bought parts, specifically suspension parts from this company on Ebay, They go by foreigncarpartsonline. I intend to replace my entire front suspension.
    I bought front end parts from them twice, for my '89 535i and my '90 535i. I also bought an AC condensor for my car and parts for my son's '84 325e. I have been very satisfied so far. The prices were good (with 750i bushings installed on the thrust arms) and the shipping was very fast. I can't speak for the long term, as both of the front end purchases were within the past 6 months.

How is a torn ball joint boot, 2 years after the fact, BMA's fault? BMA sells the same stuff anyone else does, or better....

Custom Turbocharged 1991 535iM - 135k mi.

I bought the stuff from FCP Groton, not BMA, I wish I had bought Lemforder from BMA then maybe I wouldn't need to replace already.

Quote Originally Posted by AllanS
    How is a torn ball joint boot, 2 years after the fact, BMA's fault? BMA sells the same stuff anyone else does, or better....
    ...so reverse that...How's a torn ball joint, two years after the fact, FCP's fault?

FCP sell TRW replacement part. TRW manufactured BMW OEM parts, like the tie-rods on my 540. (The boots on those tie rods are starting to crack, after about 10.5 years).

Simply stating what experience I have had with thier products. I don't know if stock or any other would have been any better. Just that I got all my front end parts and they were better priced and had very quick shipping. I never blamed anybody for the joint tearing, it was probably my fault for driving too hard. I was simply stating the fact that I have had some tears in the ball joint boots since I replaced them with thier parts, that is what the original question was wasn't it? Anyway, like I said, I will go with BMA on these parts next time and see which is better.

Default FCP Groton

I bought from them all the time with my old fleet of Volvos. TRW brand was the OEM replacement as well and never had a problem.

Patrick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast