GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: damnit, does anyone know where the FPR vacuum hose on an m50 connects to?

Default damnit, does anyone know where the FPR vacuum hose on an m50 connects to?

went out to take a look at the vacuum hose attached to it (where winfred suggested to do the water induction). very lightly checked the slack, and thought to myself, "this is a hell of a long hose"...until i get to the end of it. anyone know where it goes? etk doe4sn't show. i would estimate that its been disconnected for 18k miles, might explain my city gas mileage and my ping. thanks.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default well, thats better than fighting with a car that has no gas.

:d :d :d
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

The regulator on the m50 is attached to the fuel rail, correct? the vacuum line at the bottom should hook up to the intake manifold. I think it's supposed to raise fuel pressure depending on how much vacuum it senses (or doesn't sens) from the manifold, so that could be a reason why your m50 is pinging- not enough fuel at higher revs or higher load.

Custom Turbocharged 1991 535iM - 135k mi.

it usually connects to the bottom of the plenum by where the two fuel lines pass under the intake
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

it drops fuel pressure about 5 psi with full vacuum

Quote Originally Posted by AllanS
    I think it's supposed to raise fuel pressure depending on how much vacuum it senses (or doesn't sens) from the manifold, so that could be a reason why your m50 is pinging- not enough fuel at higher revs or higher load.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    it usually connects to the bottom of the plenum by where the two fuel lines pass under the intake
    pardon my ignorance. EVERYTHING under my intake manifold if f'd up, ie, all of the electronic wires and hoses were shove fitted and not screwed down. are you saying that there's a nipple on the intake manifold? i know i'll end up asking MANY questions of you before i find it, it looks like crap under there.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

nevermind, i finally saw it where you mentioned in the daylight. thanks.

immediate results.....cold start idle is down about 200 rpm, pinging has moved up to about 2500 rpm before it starts occuring. will give the computer a little while to see what it wants to do.