GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E34 gathering in North Carolina?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default E34 gathering in North Carolina?

Anybody out there in North Carolina interested in forming a small group of E34 owners? I'm located near Apex, NC. Let me know.

Thanks,

Michael

Default There are several of us Apexers on here...

Quote Originally Posted by 1995 525i
    Anybody out there in North Carolina interested in forming a small group of E34 owners? I'm located near Apex, NC. Let me know.

Thanks,

Michael
    I'm in Apex (off Olive Chapel), ScottyWM is close by, there are actually probably 5-10 folks on here in the Wake County area. I believe Andyman32 was trying to organize something earlier this year, but we never followed through.

My wife's E34 is an Oxfordgrun 525i, 1995. With dents in the right door from where my ramps fell on it.

I'd be up for a meet, perhaps at Carolina Brewery in Holly Springs one Saturday at noon, then have a sampling of their wares then maybe grab a bite out. Or perhaps meet in downtown Apex for dinner one night at La Rancherita, park on the street? Thoughts?
    Bill B.
    95 525i

Quote Originally Posted by billb
    I'm in Apex (off Olive Chapel), ScottyWM is close by, there are actually probably 5-10 folks on here in the Wake County area. I believe Andyman32 was trying to organize something earlier this year, but we never followed through.

My wife's E34 is an Oxfordgrun 525i, 1995. With dents in the right door from where my ramps fell on it.

I'd be up for a meet, perhaps at Carolina Brewery in Holly Springs one Saturday at noon, then have a sampling of their wares then maybe grab a bite out. Or perhaps meet in downtown Apex for dinner one night at La Rancherita, park on the street? Thoughts?

Bill,
    I live in Holly Springs and would be up for an afternoon at Carolina Brewery.
    Any of you happen to moutain bike?

I'm game, I just need notice as I am in Pinehurst for now (building a house in Pittsboro soon). I can always stay in Raleigh for the weekend, I just gotta know which one.
    Ah yes, the old Saturday afternoon CBC watering hole in Holly Springs. Its been a while for me due to my newborn, but I sure miss that weekend sabatical. I think I know the tour speach by heart.
    -jack

Default Chapel Hill

I'd be interested in getting together. Tomorrow I'm going up to VIR to watch some friends at a driving school, so Apex would be out. But maybe some other time, or we could meet up there.
    Chip
    '92 535i 5sp
    EAT chip, Sachs kit, RRT sport control and upper thrust arms, SS brakelines, Camber plates, Subframe inserts, 3.64 Diff, M5 (3.6L) calipers.
    '87 325iS

Default Not necessarily THIS Saturday, but one upcoming in the fall...

Quote Originally Posted by Chip
    I'd be interested in getting together. Tomorrow I'm going up to VIR to watch some friends at a driving school, so Apex would be out. But maybe some other time, or we could meet up there.
    Yep, we need to get together. Would an E30 be outlawed? Spouses invited? Toddlers? I'm sure wifey would want to bring her E34 herself, since it is HERS...um, wait, who washes, waxes, and maintains it? Oh yes, me, her personal mechanic.

Bill B.
    95 525i

Default VIR weekend

The Sports Car Vintage Racing Association (SVRA) race is scheduled for Oct. 15-17. This is a great spectator event if you like the older race cars. I've gone the last two years, with the kids, and had nothing but fun. Would this work for a get together?

http://www.virclub.com/index.html
    Chip
    '92 535i 5sp
    EAT chip, Sachs kit, RRT sport control and upper thrust arms, SS brakelines, Camber plates, Subframe inserts, 3.64 Diff, M5 (3.6L) calipers.
    '87 325iS

Quote Originally Posted by Chip
    The Sports Car Vintage Racing Association (SVRA) race is scheduled for Oct. 15-17. This is a great spectator event if you like the older race cars. I've gone the last two years, with the kids, and had nothing but fun. Would this work for a get together?

http://www.virclub.com/index.html

I think this would be a great idea. I would like to gather somehwere locally first so we can get to know each other. I like the rancherita idea as well as Brett's idea. His farm is huge and thanks to his parts, I now have a new bumper on the beast.

I can offer a gathering place in the country. BillB and Michael ('95-525i) have been out here to the "BMW Farm". Of course, VIR is always at the top of my list as far as car-related places to visit too!

If you're just looking for an open space to park some cars, maybe do some minor wrenching and major BS'ing, the farm is perfect. We could cookout or run to the local BBQ joint for some food for those interested.

Just throwing out an idea.

Bret.

Count me in! I haven't been around here much in the last 1-2 months b/c my car has been in the shop... I think we finally found the source of the dreaded shimmy!! I should be getting it back next week.
    I live in Raleigh near Lake Wheeler.... Just name the time and place.
    94 540iA w/ EAT
    97 740iL (SOLD!)
    99 Discovery II

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast