GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Level 2 inspection & service.

Default Level 2 inspection & service.

I've been around to a couple of indie shops that "specialize" in Bimmers.

Results are not impressive.

Last shop I went to, the manager billed himself and 2 of 4 wrenches as "certifed". So, I asked for pricing on the 60K service. I've been working on partly DIY in my spare time and piecing out some work. The local Aamco has a wrench who drives an E36 that he works on and he did a great auto trans service for me for $85 total.

So, the shop manager tells me they do the entire Level 2 for $350. I ask him to specify the work they do. He didn't know the list so I pulled out the copy I downloaded from Bruno's site. Well, that's the Bentley list, he tells me and it's not accurate. So I go to the car and pull the owners manuals (all intact) and lo and behold, it matches. Meanwhile he's been telling me not to get the auto trans service because it's "lifetime fluid". He doesn't have much of a response when it shows on both Level 2 lists.

So, I'm not going there. It does seem to be a reasonable price for the Level 2, but I wonder what others find for their services. I'm a reasonable wrench, but sandwiched between teenage sons and > 70 parental units + work, so my free time is limited.

#1. If anybody knows a referral wrench in SLC, let me know.
    #2. What are Level 2 prices in your area?

Thanks

Default $400-$850 in NYC

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetwater
    I've been around to a couple of indie shops that "specialize" in Bimmers.

Results are not impressive.

Last shop I went to, the manager billed himself and 2 of 4 wrenches as "certifed". So, I asked for pricing on the 60K service. I've been working on partly DIY in my spare time and piecing out some work. The local Aamco has a wrench who drives an E36 that he works on and he did a great auto trans service for me for $85 total.

So, the shop manager tells me they do the entire Level 2 for $350. I ask him to specify the work they do. He didn't know the list so I pulled out the copy I downloaded from Bruno's site. Well, that's the Bentley list, he tells me and it's not accurate. So I go to the car and pull the owners manuals (all intact) and lo and behold, it matches. Meanwhile he's been telling me not to get the auto trans service because it's "lifetime fluid". He doesn't have much of a response when it shows on both Level 2 lists.

So, I'm not going there. It does seem to be a reasonable price for the Level 2, but I wonder what others find for their services. I'm a reasonable wrench, but sandwiched between teenage sons and > 70 parental units + work, so my free time is limited.

#1. If anybody knows a referral wrench in SLC, let me know.
    #2. What are Level 2 prices in your area?

Thanks