GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone have anything pressingly negative to say about Berryman's b12 chemtool.....

Default anyone have anything pressingly negative to say about Berryman's b12 chemtool.....

i'm asking because someone said that it was aggressive enough to eat through the can if left in storage, just wanted to know. its chemical composition looks quite innocuous and similar to most other FI/carb/valve cleaners that are of moderate to strong strength.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

it's one of my favorite spray carb cleaners, id guess that the can came in contact with something that reacted with it, it's not like that paint they put on the cans is for anything other then looks

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    i'm asking because someone said that it was aggressive enough to eat through the can if left in storage, just wanted to know. its chemical composition looks quite innocuous and similar to most other FI/carb/valve cleaners that are of moderate to strong strength.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

his claim was that an unopened bottle of it left on a shelf ate through itself...sounded like ********

turns out, is ********

methyl benzene, methanol, 2-propanone, 2 butantone,2 butoxyethanol, 2 propanol, dimethylbenzene.......where is the unobtanium that gives this substance the ability to eat itself through a metal can when it hasn't been cracked (no contaminants to react) and no extreme sunshine or heaT?
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

I hope not, I just used it to clean the carbon off the pistons in my M20.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. BILL
    I hope not, I just used it to clean the carbon off the pistons in my M20.
    that's kind of what this person was alluding to...it cleans carbon &c. extremely well, but because of this it is too caustic to use in your fuel tank as per instructions or crankcase before oilchanges.

oh, did you use chemdip or chemtool to clean your pistons....the carb cleaner and FI cleaner are chemtool, the chemdip is supposed to be used as a parts cleaner (and is a different composition, as i just read). chemdip comes in a 1 gallon bucket and has a litttle basket.

i make my own parts solvent from 3 gallons of mac's degreaser from napa and about 15 gallons of diesel, works as well or better as any comercial parts washer solvent and it will rinse off with water, plus it's non explosive and don't eat your hands

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    oh, did you use chemdip or chemtool to clean your pistons....the carb cleaner and FI cleaner are chemtool, the chemdip is supposed to be used as a parts cleaner (and is a different composition, as i just read). chemdip comes in a 1 gallon bucket and has a litttle basket.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default Hey, I had an unopened....

....can of Coke eat through the aluminum on me. It blew-up in my closet after about 4-5 years. What a mess. Just think what it does to your teeth!!

Brian C.
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

I used Chemtool

winfred, you never cease to amaze!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast