GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: supercharger

Default supercharger

Anybody out there put a superchager on a 92 525 and if so where there any modifcations done to accomodate it, ie. change the chip or anything like that?

92's have a M50 right?

As far as I know they do. Also let me know if you find out how they super charge.
    I know that a chip will help also.

Yes its does have a M50

Funny you ask. I am doing a ASA supercharger, 6.5 psi, centrifugal design on my 1992 525i M50 non-vanos. Its all custom... and not so cheap so far. Next up is large 24 - 30lb injectors... what specifically did you want to know?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    Funny you ask. I am doing a ASA supercharger, 6.5 psi, centrifugal design on my 1992 525i M50 non-vanos. Its all custom... and not so cheap so far. Next up is large 24 - 30lb injectors... what specifically did you want to know?
    Why would you consider 30# injectors for 6.5 lbs boost? That's on the high side. What type of chip will you use?

I'm considering developing some supercharger kits but after Bruno's MAF kit experience, I don't know if it's worth making. I could probably sell a kit for $3.5K USD, including software.

MarkD

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD
    Why would you consider 30# injectors for 6.5 lbs boost? That's on the high side. What type of chip will you use?

I'm considering developing some supercharger kits but after Bruno's MAF kit experience, I don't know if it's worth making. I could probably sell a kit for $3.5K USD, including software.

MarkD

Mark, what size injectors would you recommend? I've been trying to figure out what to use, people said use 30#.... I have access to 6 bosch 310cc injectors from my friends VW VR6... think they would fit? And what size is 310cc in #? Mark, I would be interested in having you write a chip for it, i was toying with bringing the car up over summer or such

If you have a good tuned chip than you don't need much above stock size on the injectors especially with 6.5psi. I had 30# on mine and it was great because i never had to worry bout fuel starvation but boy did it sure drink gas. It is also important to have an aftercooler set up on these engines as the high compression of non-vanos will knock quicker than others if the air isn't cold. And most importantly make sure you put the MAF before the supercharger, it doesn't like reading boosted air. Iv put a turbo on mine so I don't know the specifics on the supercharger, but i know pretty well in general how the M50 deals with boosted air, PM me if you have any questions.

Mark D--

Love the EAT chip, now hungry for more. Would you know of a place to get one for a 1995, 525i M50 w/ vanos?

Joe

Try Active autowerke if you really want a charger. Mind you that a charger is driven by your crank so it revs as fast as your engine does. Do not expect more than 40-50 bhp gain with a charger. Not really much increase for the enormous costs. A turbo is not that much cheaper, but use a Garret Gt 2BB and you will be able to put out near to 285-290 bhp at 14 psi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast