GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TCD on My E34

Default TCD on My E34

Just re-read the thread started when Todd announced that I had picked up my TCD Non-Intercooled kit and thought it reasonable to mention a couple of things;

I have an engine with increased compression over stock, I had the head milled 0.030”, so not much but certainly not lowered.

I am running at about 12 pounds of boost at the rev limiter without detonation. The right fuel and timing or ‘tuning’ is what it takes.

And the car rips and does it quietly. I will get it on a dyno as soon as I am completely happy, I think I can start adding timing back and leaning a bit as I have been cautious. As further testimonial I spent last Friday at a driving school, used up maybe 30% of my tires, lots of gasoline and some Hawk HT-10 pads and then made the 2-hour drive home comfortably and without incident.

I was passed by a full race prepped E36 M3 and that’s OK

Dave

Default Question regarding 12 lbs.

Is your turbo a KKK, Garett, or somethings else?

Do you know the specs on your turbo unit, like what the compressor trim is or turbine housing?

Were you furnished with a copy of the compressor map from the manufacturer.

Do you have any pics you can share?

I have just found this board and can not believe how much information is available. I have been missing out on a lot.

Just re-read the thread started when Todd announced that I had picked up my TCD Non-Intercooled kit and thought it reasonable to mention a couple of things;

I have an engine with increased compression over stock, I had the head milled 0.030”, so not much but certainly not lowered.

I am running at about 12 pounds of boost at the rev limiter without detonation. The right fuel and timing or ‘tuning’ is what it takes.

And the car rips and does it quietly. I will get it on a dyno as soon as I am completely happy, I think I can start adding timing back and leaning a bit as I have been cautious. As further testimonial I spent last Friday at a driving school, used up maybe 30% of my tires, lots of gasoline and some Hawk HT-10 pads and then made the 2-hour drive home comfortably and without incident.

I was passed by a full race prepped E36 M3 and that’s OK

Dave[/QUOTE]

Default So speculating on the info given.....

Since you pointed me to a turbonetics site for the compession map
    (http://www.turbocharged.com/catalog/compmaps)
    indicating 60 trim.....

I could gather OLDGREENE34 is setup with a Turbonetics T04E with 60 compressor trim?

Neat.... running 12lbs with no intercooler.

Quote Originally Posted by TCD

T04E compressor wheel but the turbos are built by Innovative Turbo not Turbonetics.
    Todd

Default turbo

http://innovativeturbo.com/cgi-bin/h...64538479074321

I did not seem to see a T04E offerng in their product list. Is this a customer turbo made for you application?

T04E compressor wheel but the turbos are built by Innovative Turbo not Turbonetics.
    Todd

We have the turbos made to our spec. We have the turbos built for each application as well.
    Todd

Kinda like an anti hijack thread where I dont know anyone...interesting rounds.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default Turbos....

Why do you have they custom made? Why don't you use the T04E with 60 trim from tubronetics, garett, etc?

We have the turbos made to our spec. We have the turbos built for each application as well.
    Todd

What? Because one turbo doesn't fit every application or Owner's requirements. We evaluate their application and future requirements and have a turbo built for them! Why would I just buy one off the shelf when we can do so much better?

BTW, Turbonetics is the most expensive manufacturer in the USA.

Todd

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast