GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Ryan - how's the break job? Ryan? Ryyyyaaaan?

Default Ryan - how's the break job? Ryan? Ryyyyaaaan?

I keep waiting to hear the news story of a college student changing his brakes in the storm - with a picture of two legs sticking out of an E34 in the background.

Seriously though - hope you're dry down there!

- Robin
    Robin

72 Chevy K10
    01 E39 M5

you likely didn't see my follow up. both axles of brakes look like they just came from an indy, so either i have back thickness sensor problems, or CCM problems unfortunately i had to work today.....fortunately, they sent all of the delivery personnel home about an hour ago. unfortunately....i used about 1/2 tank of gas up today alone and the only places that haven't run out of gasoline are suffering from power outages, which means that their pumps don't work. (i'm not going to pay 2.30 gallon at a gouging location for 91). i only have about 250 miles worth of gas (and not even close with the 35 mph crosswind) in the tank. driving up and down the interstate, the e34 displayed an exaggerated "wobble" (way worse than the normal e34 wobble) from the wind. the alachua county sheriff is still giving out tickets for trifiling matters, which is a sucky manuver on their part. all my wheel weights fell off for some reason during the storm, which is fun pizza places are telling customers either 1.5 hour wait for delivery or carry out only. i have to say, however, that if it doesn't get worse than this, ill be grateful.....there aren't many storms here, so bits of trees that were hanging on with only tenuous grip are now lying in the roadways.....its a lot better than other places in florida, so i hope it keeps up the way it is.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

oh, and as all the regular stores are closed.....was waiting in vain in line of a gas station for gas that would never come.....everyone was buying either candles/batteries/etc....or booze. everyone in line buying booze had at least 50 dollars worth of it. my mother says that the liquor store in the albertsons she psuedo~manages does its best business when there's severe weather....she said she was genuinely surprised to see the take from it prior to hurricane charley.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Ahh... Albertson... I like their meat departments... seems to be freshest meat in FL...

My mom in West Palm Beach has been without power since 11am yesterday and has quite a few downed trees, nothing major. As soon as she gets power back, she will download the photos to her computer down there which I will then in turn post, but no serious damage. I was suprised to see that anything in Gainesville lost power, but oh well. Are people not allowed on the roads or something? What are the alachua police giving out tickets for?

On a related note, the girlfriend and I are going out to try to find an open liquor store. The one time where we have NOTHING to do all day but stay in bed and have our own little hurricane party under the sheets she wants to go to her parents house, and then complains that we can't do anything. GAAH women.
    93 525i / 01 330Ci / 98 Camry / 91 Volvo 240 / 99 Jeep GC

no, there's no road curfew....i just see them parked in their normal poaching spots, only parking lights on, ready to pounce. for whatever reason, the alachua county swat team was havin a meeting/powwow/party under the awning of the citgo that i usually buy premium gas from (as they were closed and had the pump shut off) with both hummers with battering rams attached. i wouldn't understand why the alachua sheriff would need TWO hummers with battering rams, but they were both under there at 6 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by DanDombrowski
    My mom in West Palm Beach has been without power since 11am yesterday and has quite a few downed trees, nothing major. As soon as she gets power back, she will download the photos to her computer down there which I will then in turn post, but no serious damage. I was suprised to see that anything in Gainesville lost power, but oh well. Are people not allowed on the roads or something? What are the alachua police giving out tickets for?

On a related note, the girlfriend and I are going out to try to find an open liquor store. The one time where we have NOTHING to do all day but stay in bed and have our own little hurricane party under the sheets she wants to go to her parents house, and then complains that we can't do anything. GAAH women.

jeez theres 7 or 8 of them around here, i think they stopped building new ones when profits started dropping off at older stores

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    Ahh... Albertson... I like their meat departments... seems to be freshest meat in FL...
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it