GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Instrument panel display question

Default Instrument panel display question

On the lower left of the instrument panel on my 95 525i there are spaces for four displays. Starting at the left is the battery charge, second is the check engine indicator and third is the fog light. However, there looks like a space for a fourth display that looks similar to the fog light display. This fourth display never lights up. What is it?

My manual does not indicate any device in that location. This may a europe only situation. Or perhaps I have a bulb out. However, from the instrument panel diagrams I have seen, there does not look like a bulb is supposed to be behind the fourth display area. Just curious.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

That space is for the rear fog lights indicator. US cars don't have rear fogs so no need for the bulb. I have seatbelt light before the check engine, and my battery charge light is in the middle part os the display, so I guess they changed things around a bit over the years.

Default Thanks-I suspected as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan in NZ
    That space is for the rear fog lights indicator. US cars don't have rear fogs so no need for the bulb. I have seatbelt light before the check engine, and my battery charge light is in the middle part os the display, so I guess they changed things around a bit over the years.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment