GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've got my sword out!

Default I've got my sword out!

What's the current recommendation, buy a new sword, or rebuild the old one. I checked Mouser.com for some of the parts and it seems they don't have them anymore. So I'm inclined to go ahead and just get one from BMA!

Thanks all.

A Bimmer Nut for sure: '04 530im (current daily driver), '97 m3, '98 323is, '99 Z3, '01 740iL, '06 330cicm zhp, '02 R1150R, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com
    And I still maintain: '90 535im (sold to daughters best friend, one of my favorite bimmers), '92 525im (daughters other best friend now drives this one).

Default It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye!

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer Nut Ed
    What's the current recommendation, buy a new sword, or rebuild the old one. I checked Mouser.com for some of the parts and it seems they don't have them anymore. So I'm inclined to go ahead and just get one from BMA!

Thanks all.
    Soldering can be fun. Nothing like the smell of flux in the air.

My metric is that my time is worth ~$20/hr, so if I can get it for $100 but it would take me 6 hours to do it by hand, I'll just buy it and consider it done.

Isn't there a guy in Roundel who rebuilds them? He might buy the core from you for a few bucks.
    Robin

72 Chevy K10
    01 E39 M5

Default you have got halfway there,why dont you try repair???

Your sig prompts me to ask,how many different variations of the boxeer does bmw build now?On my tour round the city this morning one shop had so many versions of the big flat twin i got really confused!!!!!hen of course there are the fours as well!
    Gone but not forgotten

Default Check with eurasian import parts out of the roundel magazine first, they had

new behr ones for 150 awhile back, Patrick thought that was a pretty good price and he couldn't match it.... I have rebuilt a couple of them but on my own, it failed again after a couple of months and i just ordered a new one from eurasian instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer Nut Ed

Thanks all.

Is it that shop out in CA? Strange how they don't have a website...

Default They do have a website, it used to be pretty lame, I just

found it again here
    Looks like they only have programa rebuilt swords now... for 129. I think thats the same price that bmw gets for the rebuilt ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    Is it that shop out in CA? Strange how they don't have a website...

I'm going to try this:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT

Seems like a fair price. Comes with a 2 year warantee, but who's to say that they'll be around in two years! I'll let you know how it goes.

They really only make one Boxer engine at a time. They put them in different style bikes though. They just came out with a new boxer engine, raising the HP and lightening it dramatically. It's the first boxer with a balance shaft. Supposed to be much smoother. It's out in the new 1200GS. I've been thinking about perhaps getting it, but then again, I'm still out here looking for a job! New job = new bike, maybe!

A Bimmer Nut for sure: '04 530im (current daily driver), '97 m3, '98 323is, '99 Z3, '01 740iL, '06 330cicm zhp, '02 R1150R, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com
    And I still maintain: '90 535im (sold to daughters best friend, one of my favorite bimmers), '92 525im (daughters other best friend now drives this one).

Default its all the models...

when you go into a BMW bike shop and they have new and used bikes all lined up together......whew
    Gone but not forgotten

BMW makes "R", "F" and "K" bikes.
    The Rs have the boxer engine, the Fs have a thumper (single cylinder) Rotex engine, and the Ks are inline 4 cylinder engines. Those three style engines are used in all their various models. Their new boxer and the up coming inline 4 cyl engines are very, very impressive. The K (4cyl engine) is targeting the Hayabusa's and the Blackbird Super bike market. Bmw is finally competing against the Japs with their new beemers. Very cool indeed.

Default Ahh the K bikes

i know about the old K bikes,i used to ride a k100rs.....sold it for a house deposit.....the array of boxers alone was to much for me!!!!A nice sleek black k1100? rs caught my eye tho.....
    Gone but not forgotten

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast