GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: water pumps with plastic impellers

Default water pumps with plastic impellers

I just checked with a local dealership as to whether the water pumps on the M50 engines with plastic impellers have been modified to using metal impellers or some other material. The unequivocal answer was "No, the water pumps still have plastic impellers on them and have to be replaced every 60k to 70k" I must have read on the board somewhere that water pumps with metal impellers are now available, but by which manufacturers? Thanks.

I got the laso and it was plastic to my surprise. I think the Hepu one is metal.

Interesting. About 4 years ago the dealer was the only place I could find that carried a pump w/metal impeller fom my '93 525. It was an impressive brazed together assembly, but it looked expensive to fabricate. I don't remember the mfr.

Paul Shovestul

Quote Originally Posted by johun
    I just checked with a local dealership as to whether the water pumps on the M50 engines with plastic impellers have been modified to using metal impellers or some other material. The unequivocal answer was "No, the water pumps still have plastic impellers on them and have to be replaced every 60k to 70k" I must have read on the board somewhere that water pumps with metal impellers are now available, but by which manufacturers? Thanks.
    .....Got to keep the loonies on the paath.

laso, hepu, graf are all metal (at least all of the ones that i've installed) the geba is metal but the bearings are c.r.a.p **** in them, the super duper bionic sheet metal replacment bmw pump is better then the geba but not a whole lot, i think autozone has a even crappyer plastic pump
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it