GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: prof. mechanics, which fuel rail cleaner aerosol do you like....

Default prof. mechanics, which fuel rail cleaner aerosol do you like....

best? i can get the napa for $12/can, the 3m for $24, and the bg for an unknown quantity. i'm curious to know if one is better than the other or not, the 3m just seems excessive, as the 3m bundle with the rail cleaner, pour in cleaner, and throttle plate cleaner is $42 from the same source.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

spray carb cleaner? advance auto's house brand sucks ass, gumout has gotten less greasy and better, berrymans is good, wynns is good, prestone really sucks, pyroil use to be good aint used it in a while, generally anything with acetone works good even if it's "brake cleaner" watch out it will eat paint quick with acetone in it. theres 3 or 4 different basic formulas for carb cleaner and you can smell the diffrence if you use it enough, unfortunatly the boss gets the cheepest **** he can find and i need to bitch at him when he gets some real **** like the advance, it wasn't even working with a brush on the throttle body i was trying to clean

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    best? i can get the napa for $12/can, the 3m for $24, and the bg for an unknown quantity. i'm curious to know if one is better than the other or not, the 3m just seems excessive, as the 3m bundle with the rail cleaner, pour in cleaner, and throttle plate cleaner is $42 from the same source.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Have you tried the CRC Carb Cleaner? That stuff is so powerful... Not only it cleaned so awesome... it cause problems such as sticking... yep stuck full throttle... scary ****... Use with caution... stay away from your throttle linkages...

winfred, i think you misunderstood me. i'm talking about the single use cans that you attach to the fuel injector cleaning apparatus and do on-car FI cleanings with, not spraycans for cleaning TBs, carbs, et cetera. i don't think there's a TB cleaner in the world that i'd pay $12 a can for :^)
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default i thought having aerosol in the subject line was sorta odd

no mother****ing text
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

about the only thing i use for cleaner is about a quart of atf in the fuel tank

Isn't that like adding Marvel Mystery Oil to gas tank?

Default I don't use the aerosol ones like you're talking about, they suck, they

don't clean well enough and don't have enough pressure in them to do the job correctly... I use bg injector cleaner for my otc injector cleaner. Its comes in a 16 ounce can that goes into the injector cleaner then you hook it up to shop air and set the pressure at whatever the car specifies. I have used the 3m, otc and others and none of them work as well as the bg cleaner, its going to cost you about 20 a can unless you can buy it wholesale, with the otc brand cleaner on some cars I have had to use 3 cans to get rid of a missfiring injector, with the bg one can always does it.
    Even though the aerosol ones are cheap and easy to rig up they don't work well.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine

yep, mmo is basicly atf without the dye

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    Isn't that like adding Marvel Mystery Oil to gas tank?

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    yep, mmo is basicly atf without the dye

i used to think so, too, and use it the crappy dodge caravan i had before the e34. however, according to its msds

http://householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov...ds&id=13005001

its a napathenic oil/stoddard solvent based substance, so it couldn't be ATF (techron in tank cleaner's ingredients are closer than ATF is). somebody at bobistheoilguy had it analysed though and determined that its 20wt in lubricity, (which is the same as ATF) and that's why people are lead to believe that the stuff is atf.

here's some cheap atf

http://householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov...ds&prodcat=all
    Last edited by ryan roopnarine; 08-30-2004 at 07:18 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast