GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: seat belt height adjustment- how to fix?

Default seat belt height adjustment- how to fix?

I repaired the head rest using a piece of coat hanger. And I'm oh so happy for my newly working head rest. But, when re-installing the seat, I noticed the cable for the seat belt height adjustment could not be reconnected. Or rather, I could not see an obvious place to reconnect it (not connected during disassembly either).

Can anyone tell me what the connection looks like? I would like to order the missing part(s).

Cheers,

Roland

same problem here! I even had the seat out and nothing...grrrr
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

there a ear with a hole in it sticking out of the seat track inline with the spool for the wire that raises the belt
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default Winfred, need more detail...

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    there a ear with a hole in it sticking out of the seat track inline with the spool for the wire that raises the belt
    Yeah, I noticed that this was the most logical connection point. I just don't see how it all goes together. The existing clamp is U-shaped with a circular cutout about midway down the clamp. It seems to me that a pin would be required. I'm sure that something is missing; Can you shed any more light on this?

BTW, the exhaust is working like a champ. Too bad it can't have the agressive rumble of the old rusted exhuast

Cheers,

Roland
    Last edited by rbeaud; 08-24-2004 at 10:19 PM.

yep theres a pin that goes there, assuming it didn't get sucked up by a vacuum it's probably hiding in one of the openings in the carpet by the spool, or you could rob the one from the passinger side

Quote Originally Posted by rbeaud
    Yeah, I noticed that this was the most logical connection point. I just don't see how it all goes together. The existing clamp is U-shaped with a circular cutout about midway down the clamp. It seems to me that a pin would be required. I'm sure that something is missing; Can you shed any more light on this?

BTW, the exhaust is working like a champ. Too bad it can't have the agressive rumble of the old rusted exhuast

Cheers,

Roland
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it