GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: OT anyone swear by their PDA?

Default OT anyone swear by their PDA?

I'm leaning toward the Tungsten E. Seems pretty nice for under $200. I would spend more on a deserving product.

I like the camera on the Zire 72 and the stretch screen on the T3, but neither is really necessary. I already have an iPod, so MP3 capability is not so significant. And with broadband access at home and at work, I'm not concerned about having any sort of Internet capability in the PDA.

I'm not so interested in supporting Microsoft's products; Sony's seem OK but a little less focused in purpose than PalmOne's.

Any thoughts/advice/comments welcome and appreciated.

-Greg

Default iPAQ for me.

Hi Greg

I used a Psion Series 5 originally, but gave up on it as the symbian software failed to keep up with the Microsoft Office updates (attachments became hard to manipulate).

I tried a Palm 5 about 3 years ago and liked it, but found it also limited in what I could do with it at the time.

I then got the first iPAQ with bluetooth built in and I have been able to update it with 1 minor and one major ROM upgrade and am still happy with it.

Bluetooth via a Motorola V600 or E398 GSM handset is good, and software is easy to find for it.

All the devices have been used for business and personal, so contacts, calander, email etc got a work out. The iPAQ for ease of setup and general functionality is acceptable to the point where I have not been seriously tempted yet to trade it in for a newer model, though I must admit the Tungsten is a good looking unit and should do what I ask ok.

Go with what works for you (they laughed at my Psion in it's little holster all those years ago till they saw me iRDA connect via my phone for email).

Regards

Reid
    Reid (530iA)